Floorplan Troubleshooting  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
bretfrk

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Floorplan Troubleshooting

by bretfrk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Has anyone had difficultly with a floorplan (floor plan) not displaying at all in a tour? I added the jpeg image to the project and also tried adding it to a group, added the control bar and floor plan styles, activated (checked) the floorplan button on the control bar, and no luck. The files that are exported in the building of the tour has a folder called floor plan, and image is contained there, but still, not luck with it being displayed in the tour.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Floorplan Troubleshooting

by mediavets » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 pm

bretfrk wrote:Has anyone had difficultly with a floorplan (floor plan) not displaying at all in a tour? I added the jpeg image to the project and also tried adding it to a group, added the control bar and floor plan styles, activated (checked) the floorplan button on the control bar, and no luck. The files that are exported in the building of the tour has a folder called floor plan, and image is contained there, but still, not luck with it being displayed in the tour.

Have you added an instance of the Floorplan plugin to your Workspace in the Style section?

Are you viewing the tour locally?

If so, use the View last built tour... button in PTP 2.x.

no avatar
bretfrk

Topic author
Info

by bretfrk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:39 pm

I have added the floor plan to the work space, and a classic control bar. Added the show floorplan button.

I am viewing it locally.

The floorplan did show up when I did the 'view last tour', but when I click on the html file associated with the export (in the folder that is produced after the build) the floorplan does to display at open or when I click on the floor plan button in the control bar.

no avatar
bretfrk

Topic author
Info

by bretfrk » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:33 pm

So to clarify, the viewing locally, by opening the html file, the floorplan does not work.

I ultimately need it to work on a hosted website.

Is there a bug or something I am not doing correctly that it will not open a floorplan when opening the html file or hosting online?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:41 pm

bretfrk wrote:So to clarify, the viewing locally, by opening the html file, the floorplan does not work.

I ultimately need it to work on a hosted website.

Is there a bug or something I am not doing correctly that it will not open a floorplan when opening the html file or hosting online?

No bug; in PTP 2.x many more features are implemented in javascript and to work correctly the tour must be delivered via a web server.

When you view locally using the View last built tour... button in PTP 2.x the tour is delivered via lightweight built-in web server - as you will observe if you look at the browser address bar, you will see a localhost: address. You will also be able to view the tour locally using that localhost URL.

You could also use a third-party offline web server, such as this:

http://www.server2go-web.de/

All features will work when the tour is online.