Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:29 pm 

Hello,

I've been working on a virtual tour of a rugby stadium and have a few questions.

Here's a link to the tour (work in progress) http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/virtual_ ... -tour.html

I'm trying to get simple black rectangle to come out of the side of the logo for the dropdown menu to sit on, but can't get it to look the same on both desktop and my tablet (in this case an iPad).

Desktop Screenshot

iPad Screenshot

Any idea how I can solve this issue?

Regarding the dropdown menu, my original plan was to have two of them. One for the stadium tour and the other for the conference centre tour. I couldn't work out how to do it, is it possible? Ideally I wanted something a little more customised than the standard dropdown menu, expect I will have to go into the code to do that? Something like the menu in this tour I produced http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/virtual_ ... l-tour.php

I don't appear to have a full screen button on the iPad version, how do I get this to show?

The floorplan took me ages to get to work, for a while it was only showing part of it and I had to drag the graphic around to see it all. It's on 80% width and 70% height now which appears to work though it's not centred to the tour when it pops up.

Here's a screen shot of my settings, what am I doing wrong?
http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/virtual_ ... hot-03.jpg

Apart from that, has anyone any ideas how to improve on what I have produced here with Panotour? I haven't produced a large project with this software before as I usually use Pano2VR which I find easy to customize, wanted to give this a go.

Thanks,

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:35 pm 

I should have mentioned, the box behind the dropdown is produced with a Header,

Offset 50 pixels x & y

Kind: Skin file header

Size: 380 x 32 pixels

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:01 pm 

Peter Stephens wrote:
Hello,

I've been working on a virtual tour of a rugby stadium and have a few questions.

Here's a link to the tour (work in progress) http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/virtual_ ... -tour.html

I'm trying to get simple black rectangle to come out of the side of the logo for the dropdown menu to sit on, but can't get it to look the same on both desktop and my tablet (in this case an iPad).

Desktop Screenshot

iPad Screenshot

Any idea how I can solve this issue?

I think that the difference is probably because the desktop version is using the Flash version of the combobox plugin and the iPad version is using the HTML5/javascript version of the combobox plugin and they are not identical.

If so I don't think there's any simple way to resolve the issue...unless you are willing to offer only an HTML5 version of the tour which isn't really viable at present because IE10 and earlier can't handle that properly.

Or you offer two separate versions of the tour and direct - via a custom script or whatever - the viewer to the correct version.

Or you just make you header large enough to accommodate the larger combobox displayed on the iPad and accept that it will be 'too big' on Flash-enabled platforms.

Quote:
Regarding the dropdown menu, my original plan was to have two of them. One for the stadium tour and the other for the conference centre tour. I couldn't work out how to do it, is it possible? Ideally I wanted something a little more customised than the standard dropdown menu, expect I will have to go into the code to do that? Something like the menu in this tour I produced http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/virtual_ ... l-tour.php

Multiple drop downs (comboboxes) are not AFAIK supported by PT/PTP 2.x vua the GUI. You may be able to hand code them. Not sure whether one can customise the appearance of comboboxes (driop downs) by hand coding, but not via the GUI as you will have discovered.

You might instead look at the Panorama menu plugin which using the Group feature can to some extent emulate what you have created with Pano2VR in the example tour you cited.

Quote:
I don't appear to have a full screen button on the iPad version, how do I get this to show?

Kolor has removed the fullscreens button from control bars on mobile platforms because the function is unreliable at present on some mobile platforms.

The issue regarding getting it back has been addressed elsewhere in the forum - you may be able to find it via the (rather pathetic) forum search facility.

Quote:
Apart from that, has anyone any ideas how to improve on what I have produced here with Panotour?

Do you really need 3 ,or is it 4, alternative means of navigating the tour - hotspots, a dropdown combox, a thumbnail stack, and a floorplan?

But then perhaps all that UI 'clutter' helps to disguise/offset the fact that there's nothing very interesting about a provincial rugby stadium, or any other sports stadium, when devoid of people? ;)

Quote:
I haven't produced a large project with this software before as I usually use Pano2VR which I find easy to customize, wanted to give this a go.

Thanks,

Pete

I have to ask why you are experimenting with PTP 2.x when you are obviously very competent and comfortable with Pano2VR?

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:14 pm 

Peter Stephens wrote:

The floorplan took me ages to get to work, for a while it was only showing part of it and I had to drag the graphic around to see it all. It's on 80% width and 70% height now which appears to work though it's not centred to the tour when it pops up.

Here's a screen shot of my settings, what am I doing wrong?
http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/virtual_ ... hot-03.jpg

Pete

Have you chosen to resize the floorplan to fit the container? - see screenshot below.

Attachments:
1-ptp2b5-floorplan-resize.jpg
1-ptp2b5-floorplan-resize.jpg [ 217.56 KiB | Viewed 607 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:34 pm 

Thank you for taking the time to look, I will have another play around with it soon. I did have a go at making it larger, but it looked strange on the flash version yes. I'm #### at coding, so I can't see that being an option.

Yes I might be best using Pano2VR for this project which I am more competent with, though Panotour has many benefits to me over it hence using it. It's much more simple to link all the images up in a visual way with Panotour, adding popup photos and video is easier as is adding Google maps, compass, thumbnail stacks etc... etc... There are benefits of understanding both software packages and I'm trying to learn more about this one. I will probably be using Panotour more often now as I find it much quicker, though using Pano2VR for my more complex projects.

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:35 pm 

mediavets wrote:

Have you chosen to resize the floorplan to fit the container? - see screenshot below.

I will check.

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:24 pm 

Peter Stephens wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to look, I will have another play around with it soon. I did have a go at making it larger, but it looked strange on the flash version yes. I'm #### at coding, so I can't see that being an option.

Me too...my view is that if I wanted to hand-code I'd not be using Panotour Pro.

That means I live with the limitations of the current version of PTP and lobby (persistently) for other features I'd like to be added to the GUI.

Quote:
Yes I might be best using Pano2VR for this project which I am more competent with, though Panotour has many benefits to me over it hence using it. It's much more simple to link all the images up in a visual way with Panotour, adding popup photos and video is easier as is adding Google maps, compass, thumbnail stacks etc... etc... There are benefits of understanding both software packages and I'm trying to learn more about this one. I will probably be using Panotour more often now as I find it much quicker, though using Pano2VR for my more complex projects.
Pete

Yes, PTP can enable one to build tours very quickly. :)

And yes, there are still 'teething problems' with attempting to bridge the gap between Flash and HTML5, but it's come a long way since PTP 1.8.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 pm 

mediavets wrote:
That means I live with the limitations of the current version of PTP and lobby (persistently) for other features I'd like to be added to the GUI.

I definitely assist!!

mediavets wrote:
And yes, there are still 'teething problems' with attempting to bridge the gap between Flash and HTML5, but it's come a long way since PTP 1.8.

I would prefer an update to PTP1.8 to make it HTML5 working.

I´m transforming some panos for presentig multires on tablets - this is a GREAT advantage - i just need
to learn how to do the transforrmations on my tours using KRPano . . don´t know how this can work or whether i need to do tours new from scratch . . afaik PTP2 doesn´t provide multires for pads . .

So: what the heck would i actually need PTP2.0 for when i afterwards need to do everything over again for making the results multires on pads/tablets??

THIS item is MUCH MORE relevant than fancy buttons and all this redundant stuff . . .
What we *really* need is reliabilty and continuity for some years for commercially producing.

We can´t present our clients a completely different look every two years . .

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 pm 

klausesser wrote:
afaik PTP2 doesn´t provide multires for pads . .

best, Klaus

Kolor has already announced that multi-res for mobile platforms will be added to PTP 2.x as soon as it is in final release form from krpano, which it isn't yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:31 pm 

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:
afaik PTP2 doesn´t provide multires for pads . .

best, Klaus

Kolor has already announced that multi-res for mobile platforms will be added to PTP 2.x as soon as it is in final release form from krpano, which it isn't yet.

Yes, i know - but, given i do some tours using the xxxxxBeta: would i be able to update them to multires on pads/tablets then?
Or would i need to do them again for having them work multires on tablets/pads?

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:23 am 

Multi-res is under develop on Panotour 2.0 for the main 2.0 release. It's a long task which need many validations tasks so it isn't implemented yet in Panotour beta versions.
Wait for an RC (release candidate) version.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:27 am 

benji33 wrote:
Multi-res is under develop on Panotour 2.0 for the main 2.0 release. It's a long task which need many validations tasks so it isn't implemented yet in Panotour beta versions.
Wait for an RC (release candidate) version.

Are you yet able to answer Klaus' question?

Will we be able to load tours created before multi-res for mobile platforms was supported and then simply run another Build to create multi-res versions of the tours without having to do anything else?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:53 am 

Build generate the tiles and xml so if the image "equi" file is valid I don't see any problem.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:00 pm 

benji33 wrote:
Build generate the tiles and xml so if the image "equi" file is valid I don't see any problem.

So i understand: when i build a tour NOW using PTP2Beta then i can open the tour with the final version,
hit "build" again and the tour gets built being multires on tablets - without needing to edit it again!?

Is that the case? If not: what exactly needs to be done for making a PTP2-Beta-built already existing tour multires on tablets?

Answers i read so far sound a bit like Radio Eriwan . . . ;) :cool:

best, Klaus

PS: Do you have a clue when a full worling, final version will come?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:42 am 

Probably for an existing project the "Rebuild all tiles" will have to be check for a working project on multi-resolution.

The multi-res HTML5 should available before the end of month.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 pm 

benji33 wrote:
Probably for an existing project the "Rebuild all tiles" will have to be check for a working project on multi-resolution.

The multi-res HTML5 should available before the end of month.

That would be great... :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:49 pm 

I have updated this tour now, working much better I think. It's not exactly what I was planning to do, but I have learnt a lot in the process and know the limitations of what I can do with it. Here's the link again:

http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/virtual_ ... -tour.html

I would like to have sorted out a way of getting multiple drop down menus in a design that works across all platforms, perhaps that might be possible in future versions of the software.

Is there a way to directly access any of the 360vr's in the tour from an external webpage? There are a few images in this tour that my client would like to link directly too, such as the hospitality suites. I know how to do this via creating a new html page with a new starting point in Panotour but it's a bit long winded, would be nice to be able to access any of the images without doing this.

Cheers,

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 pm 

Peter Stephens wrote:
Is there a way to directly access any of the 360vr's in the tour from an external webpage? There are a few images in this tour that my client would like to link directly too, such as the hospitality suites. I know how to do this via creating a new html page with a new starting point in Panotour but it's a bit long winded, would be nice to be able to access any of the images without doing this.

Cheers,

Pete

Yes: you will find details here:

http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ur_Pro_.3F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:44 pm 

Thank you !! That just made life a lot easier :-) awesome !

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:26 pm 

Absolutely Pete, working much better!