Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:32 am 

Is there a thread someone can direct me to that discusses some common and useful Javascripts? I'm not sure if it's actually what I need to accomplish this, but I would like to have a webpage open within a 360º tour... specifically, I would like viewers to be able to click a hotspot that opens a PayPal page? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:57 am 

Hi... You can create a button for your website from here.. Then I am guessing you can add this button to your website/pano tour..

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 1ab7e9fe63

Paypal is one of those web sites that you cannot view via a Box.. As far as I know....
http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... aypal.html

You can use the button plugin I am guessing to use for your button once you have created a your own button.. You simply add the url.. Whether that will open inside a Kolor Box or any other box I do not know.. There are security issues.. You could consider buying a Paypal widget.. But some are expensive... I would avoid cheap unknowns with all this since they might well be linked to yuck people who can access your private details so best to keep it in house with Paypal home page...
Perhaps you can add your button url to a hotspot so you can put the hotspot onto a product... but you would be better of with a shopping cart widget with all this anyway... Most of them have a Paypal setup.. You can pay per month for them but they are not cheap.. I would imagine you can put your shop into a Kolor Box.. The Paypal link should then open a new window..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:29 am 

Thank you, Destiny. All the security aspects make sense and using a shopping cart may be the key, but in thinking my question over I think what I really need to do is open a browser window from a hotspot call that doesn't deviate from my 360º tour... too much. So, I guess opening a new window/tab after clicking a designated hotspot on an item is what I need to do (a more contained and scrollable web page?). Something that works in all current web browsers? A resized web page without having to open to a completely new page using the html _blank, perhaps? Thank you again for your help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:34 am 

No need to set to _self.. I changed the url to this forum on both the hotspot and the paypal button.. You just need to set the size of your Website Box to big so that it embraces most of the web page your url is set to... The Website Box is one of the most advanced features of PTP V2...

Destiny..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:46 am 

Awesome! Exactly what I am trying to do! Now, forgive me, but after looking around PTP I'm not certain where or how to set up a Website Box...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:54 am 

I found it :) Thank you sooooo much for your help, Destiny!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:04 am 

Maybe not as easy as I thought... After trying to duplicate what you've displayed on your website I'm not having any luck getting the same results....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 am 

The Website Box is in the Plugins under Viewers..

Its can be used as a multi use Plugin, but not if you do not want to...

Simply set the parameter to your colour theme, set the size etc..

Next, click on a hotspot, set the colour themes etc. Now link it to your Website Box plugin.. When you do this, and option will present to add your url and Title which is unique to that Hotspot, not the Website Box.. This is what makes is multi use.. Then in Tour editor, add your hotspots and make sure you activate the ticks, one for the url and the other for title... You can add as many as you want.. No limit.. You only need one Website Box for this..

If you get really stuck, I will try to make a Show-and-tell video for you...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:33 am 

Destiny wrote:
The Website Box is in the Plugins under Viewers..

Its can be used as a multi use Plugin, but not if you do not want to...

Simply set the parameter to your colour theme, set the size etc..

Next, click on a hotspot, set the colour themes etc. Now link it to your Website Box plugin.. When you do this, and option will present to add your url and Title which is unique to that Hotspot, not the Website Box.. This is what makes is multi use.. Then in Tour editor, add your hotspots and make sure you activate the ticks, one for the url and the other for title... You can add as many as you want.. No limit.. You only need one Website Box for this..

If you get really stuck, I will try to make a Show-and-tell video for you...

Destiny...

If you invoke a Web site box from a Simple Button or Toggle Button plugin (rather than a hotspot) then you have to specify the web site URL in the plugin parameters and for multiple instances will require multiple instances of the plugin(s).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:03 am 

OK, got it. I missed adding the actual Web Box plugin. Thank you! Has someone figured out a way to add some sort of back button, much like the close and fullscreen artifacts that appear at the top of the frame?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:08 am 

Something like that was discussed but I do not know how that went .... At the moment its not possible....

Destiny..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:40 pm 

AndyJ wrote:
OK, got it. I missed adding the actual Web Box plugin. Thank you! Has someone figured out a way to add some sort of back button, much like the close and fullscreen artifacts that appear at the top of the frame?

With Firefox on Windows - at least - a right-click reveals a context menu with the Back function.