Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
andy4nothin
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am

Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by andy4nothin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:09 pm

I was looking forward to offering viewers the opportunity to look at my 360's on their smartphones rather than having to get to a PC, and got round to updating my website yesterday to accommodate this, but I have to say that I'm rather underwhelmed by the viewer.

The buttons and thumbnails seem to have shrunk in proportion to the size of the viewing device!

I see others are experiencing this problem and the suggested solution is to specify the size of the buttons as percentages in the skins xml. I'm getting unpredictable results with the buttons distorting and can see no way of controlling the spacing between them, which tend to merge.

Has anyone managed to overcome this issue?

Since smartphone playback is an important feature of PTP2, shouldn't there be a facility in the software to specify the sizes as percentages, or for the software to automatically select percentages if you tick smartphone build options?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14175
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by mediavets » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:41 pm

andy4nothin wrote:I was looking forward to offering viewers the opportunity to look at my 360's on their smartphones rather than having to get to a PC, and got round to updating my website yesterday to accommodate this, but I have to say that I'm rather underwhelmed by the viewer.

The buttons and thumbnails seem to have shrunk in proportion to the size of the viewing device!

I see others are experiencing this problem and the suggested solution is to specify the size of the buttons as percentages in the skins xml. I'm getting unpredictable results with the buttons distorting and can see no way of controlling the spacing between them, which tend to merge.

Has anyone managed to overcome this issue?

Since smartphone playback is an important feature of PTP2, shouldn't there be a facility in the software to specify the sizes as percentages, or for the software to automatically select percentages if you tick smartphone build options?


Kolor is working on making UI elements (more) responsive to the viewing platform type.

no avatar
andy4nothin
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by andy4nothin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

This is good news. Is this something we're likely to see in PTP2?

Unfortunately, I need a solution I can implement now.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14175
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by mediavets » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 pm

andy4nothin wrote:This is good news. Is this something we're likely to see in PTP2?

Unfortunately, I need a solution I can implement now.


Unlikely in 2.0, most likely in a later 2.x release.

no avatar
andy4nothin
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by andy4nothin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:02 pm

This is such a basic requirement. It needs greater priority.

If you post about your new 360's on social networks and the majority of people are viewing on a smartphone, then they're going to have a pretty poor experience.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14175
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by mediavets » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:22 pm

andy4nothin wrote:This is such a basic requirement. It needs greater priority.

If you post about your new 360's on social networks and the majority of people are viewing on a smartphone, then they're going to have a pretty poor experience.


At present you may have to compromise.

Either choose a style of navigation that works on both desktop and mobile.

Or. produce two separate versions of the tour with different UI's.

Or dive in to the XML and modify it to meet your needs.

no avatar
andy4nothin
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by andy4nothin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Is there a navigation style that works on both?

I haven't come across a comprehensive explanation on use of percentages in xml for navigation elements, on here or krpano. I'll dig around some more.

User avatar
benji33
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 2807
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Location: France

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by benji33 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 am

If you have krpano script knowledge, you can duplicate some styles and use devices="desktop" attribute on desktop styles, and devices="mobile|tablet" for devices styles.

no avatar
andy4nothin
Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Control Bar Button Sizes on Android/IPhone

by andy4nothin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:57 am

Cheers Benjamin.

Searching on those may turn up some examples.


Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests