Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:09 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 30
I was looking forward to offering viewers the opportunity to look at my 360's on their smartphones rather than having to get to a PC, and got round to updating my website yesterday to accommodate this, but I have to say that I'm rather underwhelmed by the viewer.

The buttons and thumbnails seem to have shrunk in proportion to the size of the viewing device!

I see others are experiencing this problem and the suggested solution is to specify the size of the buttons as percentages in the skins xml. I'm getting unpredictable results with the buttons distorting and can see no way of controlling the spacing between them, which tend to merge.

Has anyone managed to overcome this issue?

Since smartphone playback is an important feature of PTP2, shouldn't there be a facility in the software to specify the sizes as percentages, or for the software to automatically select percentages if you tick smartphone build options?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:41 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13968
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
andy4nothin wrote:
I was looking forward to offering viewers the opportunity to look at my 360's on their smartphones rather than having to get to a PC, and got round to updating my website yesterday to accommodate this, but I have to say that I'm rather underwhelmed by the viewer.

The buttons and thumbnails seem to have shrunk in proportion to the size of the viewing device!

I see others are experiencing this problem and the suggested solution is to specify the size of the buttons as percentages in the skins xml. I'm getting unpredictable results with the buttons distorting and can see no way of controlling the spacing between them, which tend to merge.

Has anyone managed to overcome this issue?

Since smartphone playback is an important feature of PTP2, shouldn't there be a facility in the software to specify the sizes as percentages, or for the software to automatically select percentages if you tick smartphone build options?


Kolor is working on making UI elements (more) responsive to the viewing platform type.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 30
This is good news. Is this something we're likely to see in PTP2?

Unfortunately, I need a solution I can implement now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13968
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
andy4nothin wrote:
This is good news. Is this something we're likely to see in PTP2?

Unfortunately, I need a solution I can implement now.


Unlikely in 2.0, most likely in a later 2.x release.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:02 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 30
This is such a basic requirement. It needs greater priority.

If you post about your new 360's on social networks and the majority of people are viewing on a smartphone, then they're going to have a pretty poor experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:22 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13968
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
andy4nothin wrote:
This is such a basic requirement. It needs greater priority.

If you post about your new 360's on social networks and the majority of people are viewing on a smartphone, then they're going to have a pretty poor experience.


At present you may have to compromise.

Either choose a style of navigation that works on both desktop and mobile.

Or. produce two separate versions of the tour with different UI's.

Or dive in to the XML and modify it to meet your needs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 30
Is there a navigation style that works on both?

I haven't come across a comprehensive explanation on use of percentages in xml for navigation elements, on here or krpano. I'll dig around some more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Posts: 2273
Location: France
If you have krpano script knowledge, you can duplicate some styles and use devices="desktop" attribute on desktop styles, and devices="mobile|tablet" for devices styles.

_________________
Benjamin
http://www.kolor.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 30
Cheers Benjamin.

Searching on those may turn up some examples.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group