Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Individual thumbnails
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 am 

Did you already discuss custom made thumbnails in the pano menu?
Is there an elegant way to achieve this?

I have no problem exchanging the thumbs PTP generates, but any time on tour creation the files are overwritten again. That makes it a bit clumsy with a tour of 30+ nodes.

Any idea what could be a workaround?
Where does PTP generate it's own thumbnails from?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:02 am 

jschrader wrote:
Did you already discuss custom made thumbnails in the pano menu?
Is there an elegant way to achieve this?

I have no problem exchanging the thumbs PTP generates, but any time on tour creation the files are overwritten again. That makes it a bit clumsy with a tour of 30+ nodes.

Any idea what could be a workaround?
Where does PTP generate it's own thumbnails from?

You can change the default thumbnails with you own images in the panorama properties panel.

Juts click on the default thumbnail and select a different image.

Attachments:
1-ptp2b4-change-thumbnail.jpg
1-ptp2b4-change-thumbnail.jpg [ 249.04 KiB | Viewed 212 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:20 pm 

Ok, I can pick an individual thumbnail here but it isn't displayed in the place where I need it, which ist the Panorama Menu. The Menu uses just small equi images.

And to be precise, the changed thumbnails don't shop up at any place at all. Even when I place a thumbnail bar, there's also only just the equi images. Am I doing anything wrong here?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 pm 

jschrader wrote:
Ok, I can pick an individual thumbnail here but it isn't displayed in the place where I need it, which ist the Panorama Menu. The Menu uses just small equi images.

And to be precise, the changed thumbnails don't shop up at any place at all. Even when I place a thumbnail bar, there's also only just the equi images. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Not sure - I haven't checked but maybe you need to create the custom thumbnails before adding the menu plugins or maybe you need to do a total rebuild after adding customs thumbs when menu plugins already exist.

I know it can display custom thumbnails because I've done it in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:56 pm 

Ok, I'll try a complete new built. But if it doesn't work I'll invoice you the time it takes :D

edit: Getting even more weird, I haven't built a new version yet, but now I see that one (=1) thumbnail of the 5 new ones I added is used in the menu. So I assume their IS a bug somewhere.

edit: Seems to be confirmed now, as this single panorama was newly built because I had changed the name. Just change the name, and the entire panorama needs to be rendered new *sigh*

Nad one only can change the thumbnail by building complete new tiles *doublesigh*

Someone seriously needs to do his homework.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:26 pm 

jschrader wrote:
Ok, I'll try a complete new built. But if it doesn't work I'll invoice you the time it takes :D

edit: Getting even more weird, I haven't built a new version yet, but now I see that one (=1) thumbnail of the 5 new ones I added is used in the menu. So I assume their IS a bug somewhere.

edit: Seems to be confirmed now, as this single panorama was newly built because I had changed the name. Just change the name, and the entire panorama needs to be rendered new *sigh*

Nad one only can change the thumbnail by building complete new tiles *doublesigh*

Someone seriously needs to do his homework.

Part one of the homework is done (on developper side, not in Beta4), if you rename the panorama, the tiles are not re-built.
Part two of the homework is still to be done, if a new thumbnail is set for a panorama, it is not re-built, the old thaumbnail is kept in the tour.
But this part should be easy to fix.

If you do not want to wait next release, and do not want to rebuild all the tiles to create the new thumbnails. Just open your favorite file system browser (Finder, Windows Explorer, etc..) in your tour directory, find the files named thumbnail.* in the tour, delete them. Rebuild the tour. Only the thumbnails will be regenerated.

Gérald

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:41 pm 

Very good, and thank you.
But for me it's too late, I did it already yesterday.
Please go on with your homework ;-)