Custom Control Bar for PTP2 - NEED HELP PLEASE!  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
FunkyPunky

Custom Control Bar for PTP2 - NEED HELP PLEASE!

by FunkyPunky » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi,

my english is poor. So i hope you will understand what i mean anyway (google translation is always funny.. ;-) )

I have got a question regarding the creation of a custom control bar. I think for many users this would be interesting, for me this decides whether to switch to PtP2 or not.

What i want is: A customized controlbar with my own icons on the buttons and my own colors. As far as i over look, there is no tutorial for version2 at the moment. The only one i found is for version 1.8: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ical_theme

What i found in the internet is a realy nice looking theme for control bar from Alan Shisko (http://www.shisko.com/1/post/2014/01/cl ... ro-v2.html). Please have a look, it's realy great!

Now i adapted the button design. I have created white buttons with blue icons on it. Until here this works very well.
But if i change the color for the tool tips in PtP2 (ptp2-style-clean buttons-display-backround color) and set it to black all my blue buttons also appears black in the outputted tour! If i change the color to green, the buttons change to green. Seems like PtP2 "overwrites" the blue color of the button icons.

The tutorial for version 1.8 (http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... ical_theme) gives an explanation for the strange behaviour ("colorizable themes"). I played a little with the plug_info.xml and removed line 14 (<color id="color" name="tr:Background color" default="#000000" needAlpha="true" defaultAlpha="1.0" />). Now the button looks good (blue) but there is no posibility to change the tooltip colour in PtP2 anymore.

I'm no coding guy but i'm shure i'm just missing a little piece of xml code to tell PtP2 that i don't want customizable colours for the buttons.

Please could anyone from the Kolor Team help me out or somebody who understands something of xml code???!

Thanks for your help!

Destiny

Re: Custom Control Bar for PTP2 - NEED HELP PLEASE!

by Destiny » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:19 am

Hi...

This is an area I have been involved with for a long time.. I have made many menu themes using PTP V1.8 but V2 opens up the door to all kinds of possibilities.. The fundamentals are still apparent in the way an animated hotspot works but the xml is now written a lot better..

I made up a quick test here.. http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/eCar ... llery.html
I had issues with the Tool Tip colours, but when I made this test demo up there were some issues with the code.. To be honest I have left it for while to allow PTP to catch up with my needs..

One great feature of the PTP GUI option is having to option to change the colours of your theme/hotpots/menu... You can state a default colour via the xml but anything neutral will do.. Then edit it in PTP then save your PreSets.. This is a wonderful feature in PTP V2...

I made these menus for V1.8 but now I need to remake them for PTP V2, but its always time.. They are quite easy but can be very time consuming...

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... ltour.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... wSet2.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... nSet5.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... /Set7.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... odern.html

I will be interested to see the theme others come up with....

Destiny..

no avatar
FunkyPunky

by FunkyPunky » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Destiny,

thanks for sharing your themes. I like them. In my opinion the ability to have custom themes is a very important thing!

I will contact the kolor support and ask for help. Hope the guys have a solution. If i get positive feedback i will post it here.

Thanks!

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:08 am

All that you need to create custom theme you will find in Advanced Notions here. http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... umentation

You use your 'User Directory' to store your custom graphics and codes, where you can call them into PTP and once there, you can use them with ANY Tour.... You need two main code files to create a custom menu.. the #.tmpl and the plug_info.xml. All you need to do to get started is copy the defaults and edit them.. Created custom hotspot is easy, even the animated ones.. You just need a good graphs software.. The animation is really based on stop motion using xml code to animate the graphic....

Destiny...

no avatar
FunkyPunky

by FunkyPunky » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:53 am

I think you misunderstood me. Creating custom buttons and integrating in PTP2 is not the problem. my problem is that if i use colored buttons (f.i. white background and blue icons) the setting for the tooltips in ptp2 overrides the blue color of the button icons.

if i remove the line of code for the tooltip (see my first post) from the xml, i have my white/blue buttons but no more tooltips.

what i want is to have custom buttons (WITHOUT customizable button colors in ptp2) but WITH customizable tooltips.

May be i'm not able to explain exactly what i mean but just try to make a set of white buttons with blue (or anothe color, not white or black or gray) icons AND white tooltips! If you can do this you will have solved my problem. ;-)

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:06 am

Hi...

Yes, I think I understand what you are suggesting.. I too had that issue... This is why I put the creating my own custom themes on the back burner since I seemed to be causing myself a few too many issues.. The final build of PTP V2 will be arriving soon so I am hoping to test the custom options again... For me, any custom coding seemed to conflict with default colours etc, which is not what I wanted.. I had a lot of help from Benjamin on this when I was testing it, but left it for a while in the hope that the issue would be resolved.... I will give it another test when the final build has been released and see how it all works out.. I will let you know how I go with it.. ;)

Destiny...

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:37 am

Into the plug_info.xml file try to use your blue color as baseColor="#......" rather than default color data.

no avatar
FunkyPunky

by FunkyPunky » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Benji33,

benji33 wrote:Into the plug_info.xml file try to use your blue color as baseColor="#......" rather than default color data.

unfortunatly doesn't work! :-(

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Hey... Is this what you are wanting to achieve....? The thing you need to remember with this is there are two features, the html5 and the Flash..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... olour.html

As I said, I stopped testing the custom theme coding of the xml in the most part since PTP V2 was not complete, and I felt very guilty about taking up Benjamin's time on my many issues and testing, but he did so well in resolving many of my issues.. In fact my own custom coded html page caused a few issues with Kolor, but that updated code was added in the updates info page..

Destiny..

no avatar
FunkyPunky

by FunkyPunky » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:06 am

Hey Destiny,

Destiny wrote:http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV2kolorRC2/ToolTipColour/ToolTipColour.html

great! yes, this is what i mean! How did you do that? And would it be possible to change the buttons against coloured buttons?

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:13 am

Sorry, I do not understand that request... =( Do mean the background strip colour.. ??

As for the text colour on tool tips its quite easy but I was not able to do it via the plug_info.xml. I had to do it using the skin.xml since the colour of the menu is linked with the colour of the tool tip as you know.. Its easier to change the skin.xml rather than to try to split the link between menu colour and text colour...., but I will try to do that in the template plug_info.xml..

In your skin.xml you will find two groups of code, one for HTML5 and one for Flash... You need to change where I have indicated...

Hope this helps your needs

Destiny...

<textstyle name="theme2menuTooltipStyle"
font="Helvetica"
fontsize="16"
bold="true"
italic="false"
background="false"
border="false"
alpha="0.8"
blendmode="layer"
textcolor="0xff0000"
effect="glow(0x111111,0.8);"
origin="bottom"
yoffset="60"
edge="center"
xoffset="0"
textalign="center"
noclip="true"
devices="flash"
/>
<layer name="theme2menuTooltipStyle"
keep="true"
enabled="false"
capture="false"
url="%FIRSTXML%/graphics/textfield.swf"
align="center"
background="true"
backgroundcolor="0x666666"
backgroundalpha="0.8"
border="false"
bordercolor="0xffffff"
css="color:#ff0000;font-family:Helvetica;font-weight:bold;font-size:16px;text-align:center;"
width="200"
height="20"
autoheight="true"
edge="bottom"
textshadow="1.0"
selectable="false"
zorder="0"
html=""
visible="false"
devices="html5"
/>

no avatar
FunkyPunky

by FunkyPunky » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Destiny wrote:Sorry, I do not understand that request... =( Do mean the background strip colour.. ??/>

It should lokk like that but with red tooltips like in your example:
screen.png

I just wanted to comprehend what you did with the xml but i don't know where to find the skin.xml! I have only one in my project output folder and this one looks totaly crypted:
crypted.png

:O I'm going crazy...

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:11 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:I just wanted to comprehend what you did with the xml but i don't know where to find the skin.xml! I have only one in my project output folder and this one looks totaly crypted:

:O I'm going crazy...

Are you using a licensed version of PTP or demo version?

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Oh I see.. Well thats easy enough.. If you have purchased the PTP V2 licence I will be able to help with that. You cannot do it without access to the data files...

Destiny...

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Yes demo version and Standard version are XML encrypted. Only the Pro version offers the XML code. Plugin edition has been thinked for Pro users in a first time.

no avatar
FunkyPunky

by FunkyPunky » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:09 pm

yes, i use only the trial version at the moment because i'm testing if ptp2 is good for my needs. if i decide to buy the pro version i will test your code, destiny.

thank you all for your help and patience!!!!

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro