Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:50 pm 

Installed the beta today and thoroughly underwhelmed by the 'Styles' part of the interface. Found it pretty unhelpful.

Assumptions I made about the angles of arrows were wrong, and now I just cannot see any way to edit them. Searched the forum for the answer without success.

I also found that the preview window of the selected spots on the tour tab likes to return to a slim view after you've resized it for the previous image. There's no reason why it shouldn't maintain the size of the previous pano.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:38 pm 

andy4nothin wrote:
Installed the beta today and thoroughly underwhelmed by the 'Styles' part of the interface. Found it pretty unhelpful.

Assumptions I made about the angles of arrows were wrong, and now I just cannot see any way to edit them. Searched the forum for the answer without success.

Can you explain the problem in a little more detail? Screenshots always help.

Quote:
I also found that the preview window of the selected spots on the tour tab likes to return to a slim view after you've resized it for the previous image. There's no reason why it shouldn't maintain the size of the previous pano.

I don't understand what you mean - perhaps a screenshot would help?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:38 am 

Whilst walking myself through explaining the problem and taking a screenshot, I discovered that you can only edit the arrows from the left hand 'Spots Style' scrolling list.

But now I need to replace that style in the Spots Library. Click on 'Save in Library' generates another iteration of that arrow's name in the Spots Library with the next available number appended to it. So now I have 2 arrows with the same icon and name with only a number to differentiate the angles!

- The arrows icon needs to rotate to the correct angle in the library to improve usability/visability
- Shouldn't 'Save in Library' give you the option to overwrite or save under a new name?

I'm not finding this styles interface the slightest bit intuitive. The headings, subheadings and options need more differentiation in font size and/or style to indicate structure.

Is there any online manual I can refer to because this is hurting my feeble mind. The Help menu points to a 'Work in Progress' page.

Before investing in this software last week, I evaluated the alternatives. Pano2VR Pro seemed reasonable, especially since I already have the basic version, but parts of the interface were a little too quirky. Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision!

My needs at present are to create a pretty basic tour. The only feature I want is the ability to support smartphones. Can I start from scratch in v1.8 and open this in v2.0 to build? Guess I'd better try it, rather than waste any more time with this styles interface!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:07 am 

andy4nothin wrote:
Whilst walking myself through explaining the problem and taking a screenshot, I discovered that you can only edit the arrows from the left hand 'Spots Style' scrolling list.

But now I need to replace that style in the Spots Library. Click on 'Save in Library' generates another iteration of that arrow's name in the Spots Library with the next available number appended to it. So now I have 2 arrows with the same icon and name with only a number to differentiate the angles!

- The arrows icon needs to rotate to the correct angle in the library to improve usability/visability
- Shouldn't 'Save in Library' give you the option to overwrite or save under a new name?

I'm not finding this styles interface the slightest bit intuitive. The headings, subheadings and options need more differentiation in font size and/or style to indicate structure.

Is there any online manual I can refer to because this is hurting my feeble mind. The Help menu points to a 'Work in Progress' page.

Before investing in this software last week, I evaluated the alternatives. Pano2VR Pro seemed reasonable, especially since I already have the basic version, but parts of the interface were a little too quirky. Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision!

My needs at present are to create a pretty basic tour. The only feature I want is the ability to support smartphones. Can I start from scratch in v1.8 and open this in v2.0 to build? Guess I'd better try it, rather than waste any more time with this styles interface!

I recommend you stick with V2.0 and master the Styles section. Most functionality is lost when importing tours created in 1.8 into 2.0.

It is really quite logical once you get the hang of it.

Hot spot styles are multi-instance - you can create and configure as many as you like, and name them such that you can later recall what they do.

When placing hotspots in the Tour section you then associate a hotspot with a style to determine it's behaviour.

Library management is primitive in current version.

Hotspots may not be the most usable type of navigation UI when viewing a tour on a phone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:51 pm 

'It is really quite logical once you get the hang of it' does seem a bit of a contradiction in terms.

It may be logical, but it isn't intuitive. Intuitive would have been a left to right flow, with a clear structure, and less distracting side bars (I hate the design of those scrolling side bars).

That said, I have made a little progress in understanding it, but this is not a great interface, in fact it sucks compared to v1.8. Given the cost of the software, I think the interface needs a lot of improvement.

I just went back to v1.8 and it's a lot less distracting. Flicking between the 2, I'd much rather prefer v1.8 with the top right pane used for the styles.

In v2, clicking between the Tour, Style and Build tabs, you could be switching between different software packages from different companies. Apart from the use of grey, there's little consistency in the styling. It just doesn't feel as a good a workspace as v1.8. A step back rather than forward.

You were right about importing v1.8 projects losing settings. Fortunately this won't affect me dramatically as I'm a newb, but if I had a library of projects that imported without control bar, little planet intro, remembering file name, path or html template, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I guess I'll just have to plod on until Kolor get round to actually documenting this train wreck of an interface so that I can fully understand and operate it due to my desperate lack of logic :)

Just found another couple of bugs/annoyances which I'll start a new thread for.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm 

andy4nothin wrote:
'It is really quite logical once you get the hang of it' does seem a bit of a contradiction in terms.

It may be logical, but it isn't intuitive. Intuitive would have been a left to right flow, with a clear structure, and less distracting side bars (I hate the design of those scrolling side bars).

It's certainly not intuitive....I struggled too initially when we started Alpha testing back in March..

I think experience with 1.8 probably makes it more difficult to get to grips with 2.0 - one tends to try to 'force' 2.0 to behave like 1.8 and it won't!