FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
AndyJ
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by AndyJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Thank you to anyone who can help. I may have lost 2 weeks of work on a pretty intense 16 room virtual tour...

I'm receiving the error message...

"FATAL: [PANORAMA BUILD]data/[PANORAMA BUILD]_skin.xml - XML parser error: element is malformed (#1090)"

...when I open my last built tour in a local browser.

I've rebuilt the tour with all the tiles, restarted, tried again and nothing changes?

If this is indeed FATAL, can I retrieve the data from the existing folders to recreate the entire tour without having to start from the VERY beginning?

Thank you,

Andy

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by mediavets » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 pm

AndyJ wrote:Thank you to anyone who can help. I may have lost 2 weeks of work on a pretty intense 16 room virtual tour...

I'm receiving the error message...

"FATAL: [PANORAMA BUILD]data/[PANORAMA BUILD]_skin.xml - XML parser error: element is malformed (#1090)"

...when I open my last built tour in a local browser.

I've rebuilt the tour with all the tiles, restarted, tried again and nothing changes?

If this is indeed FATAL, can I retrieve the data from the existing folders to recreate the entire tour without having to start from the VERY beginning?

Thank you,

Andy


Which version of PTP are you using now to make this build?

Which version did you use originally to create the tour?

What plugins do you have in your workspace?

Have you made any custom edits to the XML files created by PTP?

no avatar
AndyJ
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by AndyJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:17 pm

The tour was created in PTP2 and that's the only place I've opened the project. No special modified files and I'm only using the existing plugins such as the "Gallery", "Logo", etc.
the only unusual thing I'm doing is using multiple galleries so I can open individual images with all the bells and whistles that I don't see available in the other option

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by mediavets » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:26 pm

AndyJ wrote:The tour was created in PTP2 and that's the only place I've opened the project. No special modified files and I'm only using the existing plugins such as the "Gallery", "Logo", etc.
the only unusual thing I'm doing is using multiple galleries so I can open individual images with all the bells and whistles that I don't see available in the other option


Are you using Beta 3?

If you have been working on the tour for 2 weeks then it cannot originally have been created with Beta 3?

If you are using Beta 3 then the gallery plugin has a lot of new problems in this version - expect fixes with a Beta 4 soon.

no avatar
AndyJ
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by AndyJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 pm

The project as a whole is two weeks old. The build has been with beta 3 for a week... and only beta 3.
Any thoughts on what the error means, or are you recommending I start all over?
Beta four debuts when?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by mediavets » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:36 pm

AndyJ wrote:The project as a whole is two weeks old. The build has been with beta 3 for a week... and only beta 3.
Any thoughts on what the error means, or are you recommending I start all over?


I think it just means that the XML format kpano code generated by PTP cannot be processed by the krpano Panorama Viewer.

I would not recommend starting over again. If the problem is with the Gallery plugin then starting over won't help.

Beta four debuts when?

Kolor has said 'soon' - so I would expect it this week.

no avatar
AndyJ
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by AndyJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Can anyone else help?

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by mediavets » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:02 pm

AndyJ wrote:Can anyone else help?


If you want to make to make the XML file mentioned in the error message available I'll take a look at it and others might too.

no avatar
AndyJ
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by AndyJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Here's a copy and paste of the XML file and I've also attached it. I hope someone can help.

Thank you,

Andy
Attachments
[PANORAMA BUILD]_skin.xml
XML File
(140.45 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

no avatar
AndyJ
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by AndyJ » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 am

Anyone? Please?

User avatar
benji33
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Location: France

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by benji33 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 am

Hi Andy,

I've tested your XML file, thank for download.

It's a Panotour bug that I've reported.
In fact you have a string with sentence : "Freeway " Bike Car and the double quote broke the string sentence.
We have to check for this problem.

I send you the modified file without double quote or you can build again your project without the double quote (") into the string.

Thanks for report, Benjamin
Attachments
[PANORAMA BUILD]_skin.xml
(140.44 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

no avatar
AndyJ
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by AndyJ » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Thank you for the help, Benjamin. I would truly appreciate the rebuilt file, as I've put much effort into the original project. Although, I started a new build as well (with the latest November 7th PTP2 Beta 3) and received the same #1090 error). The problem seems to occur when a gallery is added to the build.
After I use the rebuilt XML file, do you believe that the problem will be fixed?
I need to submit my project by afternoon EST and I hope this fix works.

Thank you again for your help, Benjamin.

Andy

User avatar
benji33
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 am
Location: France

Re: FATAL XML ERROR PLEASE HELP

by benji33 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:54 am

Each build file is linked to a specific build. if you change some things into the project, builded xml files will change. So the better way is to correct string which can add the problem into the PTP interface and rebuild.
If errors happens again, you can use this link to test the bugged xml file and find le line which could have errors : http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_upload


Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest