Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:20 pm 

Hi, I am using the demo of PTP 2.0 and I am trying to add a floorplan. I added the floor plan in the Properties tab and it appears in a floorplan floder when I build the tour. However it is not showing in the tour. I cant seem to find a setting to hide or show the floor plan in Style -> Maps -> Floor Plan. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:27 pm 

inMotion-FL wrote:
Hi, I am using the demo of PTP 2.0 and I am trying to add a floorplan. I added the floor plan in the Properties tab and it appears in a floorplan floder when I build the tour. However it is not showing in the tour. I cant seem to find a setting to hide or show the floor plan in Style -> Maps -> Floor Plan. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

You have to add an icon to the control bar, or use a hotspot, or a Simple button plugin, or a Toggle plugin, to control the display of the Floorplan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:59 pm 

Thank you so much for the fast reply! I did as you instructed (simple button, action -> Open the Floor Plan, but still the plan will not appear.

I have the floor plan plug in set at:

center, 0 offsets
30% width/height display
custom background/foreground, no radius
Single Floor Plan
No other boxes checked

I had initially set behavior at "Start Opened" which I assumed would show the floor plan in the center of the screen when the tour began. However it did not.

Any additional help is appreciated. I really like this new version of PTP and it seems like it was definitely worth the wait! I just want to build a couple practice tours then I plan to purchase.

Thanks again!

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 pm 

inMotion-FL wrote:
Thank you so much for the fast reply! I did as you instructed (simple button, action -> Open the Floor Plan, but still the plan will not appear.

I have the floor plan plug in set at:

center, 0 offsets
30% width/height display
custom background/foreground, no radius
Single Floor Plan
No other boxes checked

I had initially set behavior at "Start Opened" which I assumed would show the floor plan in the center of the screen when the tour began. However it did not.

Any additional help is appreciated. I really like this new version of PTP and it seems like it was definitely worth the wait! I just want to build a couple practice tours then I plan to purchase.

Thanks again!

Joe

If you have a single level Floorplan it will look for the Floorplan graphic specified in the Project properties (set in the Tour section).

A muklti-level floorplan can display Floorplan graphics for the Project as a whole and/or for each Group.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:02 pm 

Thanks again. Yes I am aware. I have a single 500px X 500px png image. I used the same image to create the simple button that should open the plan and had no trouble with the button. I tried using jpg instead of png, different image, etc for the floor plan but nothing is working. I tried Chrome, IE, Opra and Firefox, also tried different locations for the floorplan (top, left, right, etc). Tried overlay set on and off. Still no luck.

Obviously it works on for others so it has to be something I am doing wrong, but I just cant figure out what that is..using a demo version would not be causing the problem, would it?

Thanks again!

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:30 pm 

inMotion-FL wrote:
Thanks again. Yes I am aware. I have a single 500px X 500px png image. I used the same image to create the simple button that should open the plan and had no trouble with the button. I tried using jpg instead of png, different image, etc for the floor plan but nothing is working. I tried Chrome, IE, Opra and Firefox, also tried different locations for the floorplan (top, left, right, etc). Tried overlay set on and off. Still no luck.

Obviously it works on for others so it has to be something I am doing wrong, but I just cant figure out what that is..using a demo version would not be causing the problem, would it?

Thanks again!

Joe

OK....are you using the View last built tour...(green icon/button) to view the tour from local disk.

If not that may be why the floorplan is not being displayed.

Many PTP 2.x features are implemented in javascript and the tour must be delivered from a web server for these to work correctly - because of security feature in modern browsers . When you use the View last built tour button the tour is delivered via a lightweight built0in web server.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:36 pm 

Thank you!

The plan now displays...:)