changing the start pano options  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
macalenny

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

changing the start pano options

by macalenny » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Hello, I know I can select the start pano, build the tour, and that pano will show first, and I know there is a way to change the xml to display a different pano.

But once this change is made the new start pano always shows first.

Anyway, my goal is to be able to send a tour with many panos to start on different panos.

To clarify, I did a tour of a car show, I want to send the link to some of the different auto reps, but I want it to start on the pano of their car or area.

Is there a way to create a special link that can spciafy the opening scene/pano??

Thanks!!

If not this would be a great feature for exactly this purpose.

Otherwise I might have to build separate tours for each pano, because people want to see what's important to them first and I cannot be sure they will navigate to their scene, although it's very easy as we know, I find many people don't know how to navigate and don't take the few seconds to play around to learn the interface. Often a 30 scene tour people think is only one scene, even through there are many options to navigate or change scenes.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 128 posts
Info

Re: changing the start pano options

by mediavets » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:40 pm

macalenny wrote:Hello, I know I can select the start pano, build the tour, and that pano will show first, and I know there is a way to change the xml to display a different pano.

But once this change is made the new start pano always shows first.

Anyway, my goal is to be able to send a tour with many panos to start on different panos.

To clarify, I did a tour of a car show, I want to send the link to some of the different auto reps, but I want it to start on the pano of their car or area.

Is there a way to create a special link that can spciafy the opening scene/pano??

Thanks!!

If not this would be a great feature for exactly this purpose.

Otherwise I might have to build separate tours for each pano, because people want to see what's important to them first and I cannot be sure they will navigate to their scene, although it's very easy as we know, I find many people don't know how to navigate and don't take the few seconds to play around to learn the interface. Often a 30 scene tour people think is only one scene, even through there are many options to navigate or change scenes.

Yes.

See: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=20041&hilit=panoid