Photo and Video Popup's  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Peter Stephens

Photo and Video Popup's

by Peter Stephens » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi,

Updating an old v1.8 tour and I can't work out how to use popup photo's and video's via a hotspot like I could before. The photo and video buttons on the tour tab only appear to give the option to embed the file within the pano, and point hotspot only appear to link to other panos. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Photo and Video Popup's

by mediavets » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Peter Stephens wrote:Hi,

Updating an old v1.8 tour and I can't work out how to use popup photo's and video's via a hotspot like I could before. The photo and video buttons on the tour tab only appear to give the option to embed the file within the pano, and point hotspot only appear to link to other panos. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

Create an instance of the Point hotspot style in your Workspace in the Style section and configure the Action and other parameters appropriately.

Then in the Tour section place your hotspot and associate it with the relevant instance of the Point hotspot style, and add any additional parameters in the Hotspot properties panel.

no avatar
Peter Stephens

by Peter Stephens » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Ok thank you, will try that now :-)

Pete

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Peter Stephens wrote:Ok thank you, will try that now :-)

Pete

Here are two screenshots showing an example of a Point hotspot style that displays a video
Attachments
1-ptp2b2-pointspot-displayvideo.jpg
2-ptp2b2-pointspot-displayvideo.jpg

no avatar
Peter Stephens

by Peter Stephens » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Thanks, getting there now. Got the photo to popup, though I'm getting error messages when I click through to other pano's within the tour now preventing the other pano's from loading. Have done something wrong.

I've not had a good look at video popups yet, when I had a quick look I couldn't see how to use an external video from youtube or vimno, is this possible?

Pete

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Peter Stephens wrote:Thanks, getting there now. Got the photo to popup, though I'm getting error messages when I click through to other pano's within the tour now preventing the other pano's from loading. Have done something wrong.

I don't quite understand the problem - do you have an online example?

I've not had a good look at video popups yet, when I had a quick look I couldn't see how to use an external video from youtube or vimno, is this possible?

Pete

Yes, use the Video Box plugin, and an appropriately configured instance of a Hotspot style:
Attachments
1-ptp2b2-webvideobox.jpg

no avatar
Peter Stephens

by Peter Stephens » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Sorted the error message out, my fault. I will check the video things out shortly. Thank you for your help :-)

Pete

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro