Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:46 pm 

Hi all

Redoing my website and thought I had everything working nicely in my new design, with 4 main divs - header, sidebar, content and footer, but when I preview it using dreamweaver's live function, the flyout sprymenu is hidden under ny embedded pano which is in the content div.

I've searched the web and read a lot on z-index ordering but that doesn't work.
I also read something about setting the parameter for the flash component to "wmode=transparent" but that didn't work either.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:12 am 
I have the same problem with my css flyout menu (created with Project7 Pop Menu Magic). They have a solution but this does not work for the krpano tour because the javascript is different. We need to know where to insert the parameters wmode and opaque in the swfobject.js or the swfkrpano.js script.

Here is the recommendation from ProjectVII - which is now obsolete because Dreamweaver now adds both parameters when inserting an swf file.
Again, this is NOT a solution - it's just a request to the gurus out there to help us find out how to add these parameters to the panotour js files or the html code.

Adobe's Active Content script, new in Dreamweaver 8.02, writes the object and embed tags inside a JavaScript. To set the wmode parameter, you will need to do so in the script. The wmode parameters cannot be assigned in the markup, and Adobe has provided no facility to apply this parameter from within their interface. Here's a quick way to add the wmode parameter to the script:

In Code View, look for the AC_FL_RunContent line where the Flash object is normally embedded, it will look like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent(
'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','width','450','height','348'......
Next, insert this directly before the 'width',

'wmode','opaque',

So it now looks like this:

.......swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','wmode','opaque','width','450','height','348'....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 am 
Can anyone help with the problem of the flash pano appearing over the top of menus and tabs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:34 am 
OK, for anyone interested in this issue go to
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=27845&highlight=wmode#post27845
Basically the wmode will allow the menus or other div objects to show over the flash presentation but the resulting animation is very poor compared to not having the wmode.
So the best option is not to have the flash presentation where the menu or other div will overlap with it.