KRPano -> nerds only?  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
Der_JP

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

KRPano -> nerds only?

by Der_JP » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey guys,

stumbled arround a little bit and it seems to me that I would have to buy a krpano licens to create multires flash pano?! At least I couldn´t find any option regarding multires or zomm or somthing like that in APG Tour... Is there a demo version for that KRPano plugin available? - I am wondering how it is included in APG Tour, because I am not even able to program "Hallo world" :-) (I just donwloaded the demos from Krpano´s homepage and I am not getting any clue out of all that stuff.)

My next question would be, if there is any low cost or free (and more or less easy to handle) program i could use to create such multires flash pano?

Because I am a simple amateur doing only a couple of really big panos a year i can hardly imagine to spend around 100 euros for it, if there is a cheaper solution.

(I only want to look my own panos on my PC that way - I am not looking for publishing them, anyway therefor i would use gigapan.org etc..)

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Der_JP wrote:Hey guys,

stumbled arround a little bit and it seems to me that I would have to buy a krpano licens to create multires flash pano?! At least I couldn´t find any option regarding multires or zomm or somthing like that in APG Tour... Is there a demo version for that KRPano plugin available? - I am wondering how it is included in APG Tour, because I am not even able to program "Hallo world" :-) (I just donwloaded the demos from Krpano´s homepage and I am not getting any clue out of all that stuff.)

My next question would be, if there is any low cost or free (and more or less easy to handle) program i could use to create such multires flash pano?

Because I am a simple amateur doing only a couple of really big panos a year i can hardly imagine to spend around 100 euros for it, if there is a cheaper solution.

(I only want to look my own panos on my PC that way - I am not looking for publishing them, anyway therefor i would use gigapan.org etc..)

Oh yes - i understand completely . . . . :rolleyes::cool: I´m testing the demo - it´s like wandering in total darkness . . .

sometimes i think: yep - got it . . . . . and then i get a black screen where there should be a pano.

Seriously: doing work this way isn´t funny. But maybe there will come a more user-friendly version . . . some bright and clear day . . :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:16 am

it seems to me that I would have to buy a krpano license to create multires flash pano?

Yes if you don't want the watermark, Krpanotool demo is available its a separate product from APG, whereas APG can also do multires but you need to buy the KRpanotool license for it. Its bit confusing for someone new but that's the way it is as of now.

I only want to look my own panos on my PC that way - I am not looking for publishing them

Then watermark should not bother you & you can download the demo from here & make multires tours.
http://krpano.com/download/beta/

after you download just drag your large pano image to multires.bat file that will do all the work & give you a multires tour to play with.

Der_JP

Topic author
Info

by Der_JP » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Well did what digipano advised. now I´m getting errors when i try to open the swf... Anyway it sems to work that easy and I will have a deeper look to that error after I migrated to win7

Thx digipano!

(Btw I still would love to get a graphical easy-to-use front-end for that. But I m fine with digipanos solution for the moment)

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:43 pm

I´m getting errors when i try to open the swf

Dont open the swf file instead open the html page which will show you the linked swf panorama.
Hope this helps you to sort out the errors.

Der_JP

Topic author
Info

by Der_JP » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Dont open the swf file instead open the html page which will show you the linked swf panorama.
Hope this helps you to sort out the errors.

hm yep that was the trick
now its working. Didn´t see the html.. i gues my folder was way to overcharged.

Unless there is more branding than picture I´m now able to evaluate

once again thx digipano!

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Glad to help :):)