Recording Problems  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
Wolfheart999

Recording Problems

by Wolfheart999 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:48 pm

When shooting i get the image display on the back of my camera (Fuji S3 Pro) but when i go to download the images to my computer the images are not their. Can someone explain why this happens and/or solutions to this problem? Thank you

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:13 pm

I encountered a similar situation when using a given card reader/CF card combination. This card reader (low cost - no name) is able to read some cards (including a fast 4GB card), never see an other cards (old, 128 MB), can be used to copy image files from a certain CF card (low cost, 1 MB) but resulting files are impossible to use (different error messages, depending on the program I use to browse image files.)

I was able to read the very same card contents using a HP printer (which includes a rather slow card reader, that is!) I know competent camera shops can read cards usual devices/software can't read.

Hope this help...
Last edited by GURL on Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Georges

[bo]

by [bo] » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:45 am

Well, I can recommend a firewire Lexar card reader - I've got two of those in the office. On many occasions a friend or colleague will drop by to have his card copied, as it is unreadable by other readers. I have yet to see a card that cannot be copied by that reader. Here's the model:
http://www.lexar.com/readers/firewire.html
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

Return to Open discussion