Altostorm Rectilinear Panorama  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
mediavets

Topic author
Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Altostorm Rectilinear Panorama

by mediavets » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Altostorm Rectilinear Panorama - may be of interest to some:
http://www.altostorm.com/
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:12 pm

mediavets wrote:Altostorm Rectilinear Panorama - may be of interest to some:
http://www.altostorm.com/

looks interesting - but only PC . . .
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

[bo]

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by [bo] » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:17 am

If you need this for a serious project/work, buying a top-end PC is just a couple thousand euros away! :)
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

DamoRed

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by DamoRed » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:18 pm

That looks incredible. An excellent complement to APP in the short term. I just wonder how far away would Alexandre, Lionel and co. be, from discovering their own solution to offer this functionality. Certainly, I see it being a key feature of APP 3. If indeed, it's not updated before that. I haven't followed the projections thread closely, so I'm not aware of what may arise from that discussion.

Unfortunately, also in the short term, it's unavailable to me, as a Mac user. But I will either buy VM Ware Fusion/Parallels or buy a PC laptop (not where Bo buys his though ;-) ) But looking at the system requirements, it is not very demanding at all.

There are also a few very cost effective 16 Bit compatible image software within which to use it as a plug-in. Photoshop Elements has limited ability to use 16 Bit images. But I suppose if the only thing you're doing with 16 Bit in Elements is using Altostorm, then it wouldn't really matter what else it can or cannot do. Just import the 16 Bit TIFF ... use Altostorm... save as 16 Bit TIFF... export back again.

I've completed a pano or two, in the last short while that are just crying out for this. And in the future, I don't have to worry that I may be shooting too close and introducing distortions.

Good times for us Panoramists :D

Damo
Go sell crazy some place else... we're all stocked up here!