An Adventure in Technology  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
Aeriscera

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

An Adventure in Technology

by Aeriscera » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been persuaded to exhibit my robot at http://www.techadventure.org/ on Saturday 28th June in Bristol. Come along and meet me and other obsessive-compulsive tool-making nutcases. :-)

Aeris

no avatar
BeeZed

Info

by BeeZed » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:20 pm

What a great idea! It's a bit of a commute, or I'd try to be there. I've been toying with making a scanner based camera, and could use some inspiration. Any ideas on how to find tool making nutcases in my part of the world?

Aeriscera

Topic author
Info

by Aeriscera » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi BeeZed,

Sorry, the short answer is "no". You could try contacting your local Lego User's Group - most of them are pretty much insane. (Watch out for the subculture of the Lego TRAIN Special Interest Group - there is no hope for them.)

Or you could do what I did: make something weird-looking, preferably something that moves and beeps at random like - say, just for example - a Lego panorama-taking robot - and take it onto the busiest high-street in your town. You will attract all sorts of people. Be prepared with some business cards and mace spray (for the Lego train people).

I can also ask my friend who is taking me. (He has made a polar plotter out of a record turntable, a printer carriage mechanism and some electronic circuits he *fabricated* himself - a sad, sad case.) I think he got most of his ideas and inspiration from surfing eg YouTube, but he may be able to pass something on.

Aeris.