Quality on facebook?!  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
zebios

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Quality on facebook?!

by zebios » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi all,

Weeks ago i was trying to test 180' photos, when those are posted on facebook converts them with... Lets say not good quality. Just downloaded demo apps from kolor.com after render the same problem.I dont think this happens because of limited/watermarked apps from color because is quality is looking good on pc. I know that is a trick but anyone can tell me how to bypass the facebook photo convert or post a full quality panorama?

Thanks

no avatar
nxt222

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: Quality on facebook?!

by nxt222 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,

I hope a newbie can give you an insight or two! :)

The photo quality is a result of Facebook dealing with large chunks of data that is stored to their database everyday — especially images; in other words, the photos are being compressed in order to compromise the load.

*You can read more of that here: http://lifehacker.com/why-facebook-make ... 1727836324

Facebook's popularity and widespread usage shows no signs of slowing down; that said, we will be expecting more users to use it sooner. For now, until Facebook doesn't come up with a better alternative, compression is still the best way to address the problem.

kerryblue likes this post.

no avatar
alvinaamanda11

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by alvinaamanda11 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:08 am

None of my pictures on Facebook are high quality, most of them, anyone can see the pixels and stuff.. I have my personal professional camera, but Facebook makes them looks so bad! How can i get high quality pictures on Facebook? do i need to save the pictures on a different format? like JPEG or GIF etc..

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:50 pm

zebios wrote:Hi all,

Weeks ago i was trying to test 180' photos, when those are posted on facebook converts them with... Lets say not good quality. Just downloaded demo apps from kolor.com after render the same problem.I dont think this happens because of limited/watermarked apps from color because is quality is looking good on pc. I know that is a trick but anyone can tell me how to bypass the facebook photo convert or post a full quality panorama?

Thanks

Use links to present your content. I had this one linked in Facebook as a test: http://www.klausesser.de/Halle
about 6 Gigapix.

You can post a preview-image in FB, which triggers your interactive :
Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-09 um 18.46.19.png

by clicking on the preview the Pano opens:
http://klausesser.de/Katharina_Grosse/index.html

Klaus

signmaster likes this post.