GoPro FUSION 360 :)  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: GoPro FUSION 360 :)

by GUY LEFEVRE » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:40 pm

low?
I do not understand .
And I assume that the photo quality will be equal to those of the gopro 5

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:50 pm

GUY LEFEVRE wrote:low?
I do not understand .

Hi!

Well: imagequality - what i´ve seen so far - easiness of use, size, speed, features compared to others . . .
yes: i´d say it´s a good price! Hope this is realistic - rumors speak of about 1000.-$ (including accessories".

https://www.immersiveshooter.com/2017/0 ... te-leaked/

Saw some pics and footage from the Theta V - very good results too, given the price (around 400.-€) and
easiness of use! Really good in-camera processing!

Klaus

best, Klaus

Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 225 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 am

Hey..

Now the cat is out of the bag, we know all about the Fusion... The first image on this website suggest the bottom half to be dark grey and the top part to be very dark.. I like this look, its rich looking. But the last image suggest what I have seen on other websites, where the bottom half is far too light grey... I do not like it at all.. https://shop.gopro.com/APAC/cameras/fus ... Z-101.html

It certainly seems to be a nice little package... I really hope this camera lives up to all our expectations..

Kolor have put in a huge effort into the development of the software. I feel that there SHOULD be a Kolor logo on this camera too.. If it was not for Kolor, this camera simply would not happen...

Destiny...

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:17 am

For me the look of the camera means a lot but lets forget about that....

I have just viewed the demo Fusion 360 video footage.. In a single word.. AWSOME!.. No parallax issues, No banding issues, and the colour is just amazing.. The quality and sharpness of the video footage is just outstanding... The stabilisation is fantastic..!!

Oh wow.. :cool: :cool:

Destiny...

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 am

Checking out the demo video, it can be seen that the gimble and obviously, the camera are not in the shot.. I was wondering just how much of a Karma would be out of the shot, it the Fusion was attached to it.. =D

Destiny...

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:42 am

Thanks for these informations.
I'm mostly interested in photo, I guess the quality is synonymous?
Destine, did you command it?

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 am

Hi.. I do not have a Fusion to to test but so far I would recommend buying one.. I is supposed to be able to capture a single pano's too, but I do not know all the specs yet. I am really really hoping it can capture bracketed shots in still images. If it can, it would be really great.. I do not know about so many things about the camera. The WB setting, the the EVs if it can shoot bracketed shots, so much we still do not know.. I checked out the website but there still seems to be a lack of real specs information. ..

Destiny...

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:22 pm

GUY LEFEVRE wrote:Thanks for these informations.
I'm mostly interested in photo, I guess the quality is synonymous?
Destine, did you command it?

I´m not Destiny - but let me answer nevertheless:

regarding the PHOTO-quality a simple usual camera on a rotating rig with a fisheye does it ways better.

When you need a one-shot 360 it might become very expensive or you´ll need to accept a minor quality.
But for web-use some of the less expensive one-shots are acceptable - like Theta V or the Fusion.

But you shouldn´t expect a quality we´re used to from "usual" panoshooting with 6 or 7 fishee-shots from a
rotating camera.

THAT is not the realm of two-lens 360 one-shot-cameras that do the processing on board . .

Bu as i said: regarding the easiness of use the results are impressing for average web-demand.

best, Klaus

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:30 pm

Even though I have a use for a single shot VR, I am also very excited about being able to capture good quality 360 Video..

So far, the GoPro Vidoe Demos are amazing.. It might not pass high end professional, but it seems to come very close at a much cheaper price..

There are many other options coming onto the market but it will remain to be seen which of all these new hardware shines above all the others.. At least the Fusion is a huge step away from those Rigs.. I would suggest that the quality of video would equal a Rig without all the issues and huge cost...

Destiny....

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:30 am

Destiny wrote:
It might not pass high end professional, but it seems to come very close at a much cheaper price..

No - not "very close". But that´s not what we should expect anyway. There still is and definitely will stay a big gap between
"high end professional" and acceptable while cheap low-end.

And that is fully ok, i mean. You don´t expect movie-like "highend professional" 4k video from some consumer camcorder, do you ;)

For average web-use the Fusion surely is a highlight - and the easiness of use is the key! At least one of the keys :cool:

Destiny wrote:
I would suggest that the quality of video would equal a Rig without all the issues and huge cost...

I don´t think the resolution can compete to 6 or 7 rigged GoPros - but i also guess it will come close to THIS ones (which also are not "highend professional" devices). IF Gopro has an interest in creating a home-brewn competition . . :O

Real "highend professional" 360 video devices consist of a bunch of expensive cameras featuring expensive fisheyes and are attached to highend vr-processing suites.

We shouldn´t forget what an efford it means to produce "highend professional" quality.

But on the web THAT´s not needed at all - here the Fusion and others of it´s kind will be going to rule the waves, i fully agree!

Exiting times ahead! :cool:

best, Klaus

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 am

GUY LEFEVRE wrote:low?
I do not understand .

Hi!

Maybe it equals ONE GoPro5 - but don´t forget it takes at least 6 GoPro5 for a 360x180 shot!

So the Fusion never can "equal the GoPto 5 " - and that´s not what it is meant to do i guess.
But we will see.

best, Klaus

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:36 am

Hi.. This not the real GoPro Fusion. I found the 3D model on GrabCAD.. I compressed the mesh and added it into a WebGL...

It just provides an interpretation of the new GoPro Fusion..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/GoPr ... NEW-2.html

Destiny...

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:48 am

The problem with the professional equipment is that it is not possible to make a quick setting by having to turn a device several times.
I make visits of roads.
I ordered the fusion, we will see ....

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:28 am

GUY LEFEVRE wrote:The problem with the professional equipment is that it is not possible to make a quick setting by having to turn a device several times.

I´m not sure to understand you correctly. But of course it´s possible "to make a quick setting by having to turn a device several times"
IMG_2923.JPG

Using a device like this one you can shoot lots of images in a short period of time for achieving THIS kind of result:
http://www.klausesser.de/En_Vie/index.html
http://klausesser.de/Katharina_Grosse/index.html
(zoom in, please)

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:26 am

it is clear that the quality of the picture is superior to a gopro
when you say fast, how long?
When I am in the middle of a road, I can only stay about 2 seconds.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:24 pm

GUY LEFEVRE wrote:When I am in the middle of a road, I can only stay about 2 seconds.

Well - talking about "HighEnd professional" you need to be aware of what that means!

https://www.quora.com/Who-are-the-major ... ree-camera

Some of these rigs allow you to do what yout want. BUT this caomes to REALLY high costs.

Shooting "highend professional" in 2 seconds means a contradiction in itself! That´s why only extreme
measures will be able to fullfill this demand.

The question is: which quality do you REALLY NEED?

You surely can build a rig by yourself but this also will become VERY expensive given you need 6 or 7 fullframe
cameras each equipped with an excellent fisheye lens. I´d estimate a price of around 10000.-$ at least. - and additionally about 5000.-$ for purchasing an adaequate soft- and hardware for processing it all.

So i suggest to carefully check what you really need regarding quality - neither the Fusion nor any camera of this kind will provide "highend quality" - but some can provide acceptable quality for the use on the web . . . as long as you don´t present it on 4k displays fullframe.

My advise: go and rent some devices and check them while doing exactly what you need to do for your job.
THEN make a decision.

best and good luck, Klaus

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:56 pm

I have a problem with my order of the FUSION
I thought I paid with my visa card and I do not have a withdrawal
Is it because Kolor will only withdraw when the FUSION is available or a false move on my part.
Not knowing how to contact Kolor by mail, can someone help me?

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi.. Contact Kolor directly.. I would suggest they will only take the money after it's available... I think it's just a pre-order at the moment.. It is going to be very interesting to read the reviews.

Destiny...

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:46 am

Hi Destiny,
Still at the post :)
I can not contact them, no email and chat does not work.
If you have a way ....

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:22 am

Well, you could try this.. http://www.kolor.com/contact/

But.. Did you not purchase your Fusion from the GoPro website.. That is who you really should be contacting.. Kolor are only a subsidiary of GoPro... I cannot even see the Fusion for sale on the Kolor shop..

Destiny..

360-compunics-com-ni

Liked in: 147 posts
Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Has anybody found some example 360° fotos, preferable indoor, taken with the Fusion 360?
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I have never found an example of fusion.
I will put pictures as soon as I get it.
I had confirmation of my pre-order

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 pm

I have only ever seen out door Video Demos. I sure hope they are 'As Captured' and not highly edited.. That would be a big mistake.. I was hoping that there would be more data specs on the Fusion. But specs info is very very limited.. I would like to see how the Still images are captured and the features the Fusion has in doing this. I need to see the Parallax with a Still image.. At the moment, with the Video, its all a kind of a cheat with the D-Warp feature, kind of vectorising the joins.. This will not be achievable with a sill image, or at least I cannot see it being achievable.. If GoPro get this wrong, they will be gone.. So everything hangs on this Camera. The Karma is still available after software fixes but its still light years from the Maverick Drone features... New 360 cameras are beginning to flood onto the market so its still out on who will emerge the true winner.. The true secret weapon GoPro have is Kolor.. They developed the software so without Kolor it would not happen.. Even Nikon have made a dogs dinner of their efforts.. Beautiful design but terrible media output.. I wonder if Cannon might release a 360 camera..

Destiny...

no avatar
GUY LEFEVRE

Info

by GUY LEFEVRE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Hello,
I received my Fusion.
I have not tried yet but I do not see any trace of the software to achieve the merger of the 2 views.
Is there a gopro software or should I use another software?

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Is there a manual with it...??

I am looking forward to seeing some footage... and a still pano.... in different lighting.... partially indoors with close up objects.. I would like to see any Parallax issues.. If any....

Does the camera look good...

Destiny...

PreviousNext