The new Website Design SUX  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
clod

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: The new Website Design SUX

by clod » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:23 am

Merci de nous remettre l'ancienne version, car maintenant il faut attendre longtemps avant d'avoir accés. :O :O :O
Faut t'il que nous changions nos ordinateurs par des plus puissants?

Mais qui a eu l'dée de ce changement?

Cordialement,

clod

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:02 pm

the tragedy in my eyes with todays webdesign is the commitment to have to jump on every moving train.
following Trends without even thinking about the consequences.

One Software vendor (A....) is starting with a new UI using light Grey fontcolors with darkergrey Backgrounds with even darker Grey but not yet black underlinings etc. two months later every 'hipp' page is on the Train...
... same now with this tablet fever layout. Every page must look like a tablet Surface which huge Buttons so everybodies chunky fingers can touch it without mis alignment hitting the wrong area on the tablet Surface...

... well maybe kolor will provide us in near future a cloud only Suite of ist Software we can rent on 30day Basis... finally than I will search for alternatives

there's more than one Client category available. why is it so hard to deal with finger intuitive surfaces when hitting the home page with a tablet, but providing mouse compliant webdesign if using no Touchscreen nor tablet. why is it so difficult to design a Forum where the column width is proportional to the used (Screen/tablet/Monitor etc) design?
why is it so difficult to adopt a Webpage on the used graphic Card Resolution?

... but why get upset about it...
... in a view months a new Train will pass and everything will be better than....

Georg

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 am

Hey Kolor.. I was hoping that your new web site might have changed by now... I really do think you realise how horrible it looks.. It will not open my end.. I have to refresh every time time I try to open it.. Then when it does open the video graphics are simply horrible.. Very amateurish.. Not inspiring at all. Locks up, then plays a bit more, locks up then plays a bit more, then locks up for good.. How can this be better than your old web site.. I hate opening it..

Is this it, your final main website or is it being rethought out... ????

Destiny..

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:51 am

I love this thread :) Really. Let share some of my thoughts:

- Our old website was really efficient in quick navigation for people that were used to it. But it didn't tell at all what we are really doing as product or expertise. As a clear leader, Kolor has also the role of educating the masses. And that was the primary goal of the new website. It means heavy graphic, simple marketing sentence. A really different approach from the old website.

- As with every major upgrade of software, we faced at the same time a huge traffic on the servers. They were really heavily loaded. This is a technical issue and is being solved. We are working on updating the servers, optimizing everything so it is responsive in any country / any device. The google pagespeed raised by 120% already. Browsing our website will be soon really really faster ( cloudfront as CDN will be added too ).

- Now, remains the efficiency of navigation for those ( you ) that were used to go quickly to each part of our website. I think we have the main entries in the top menu. Perhaps a quicker way to access the blog / twitter / facebook is needed. Each parts has its own URL, so bookmarking them works fine. I'm still wondering what can be done in the main page to get a secondary view on it. Waiting for ideas.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:50 am

Well Alexandre, perhaps viewing the new website locally sitting next to the server it might look awesome. But I am sitting in front of a Mac in Australia which has a beautiful screen but your new website does not look beautiful on it..

When I did my Diploma of Multimedia course, we were told that a big NO NO was to upload a corporate website with missing features. To me, having missing logos is not a good look.

For me opening the new website I am immediately shocked with a white screen.. The video sometimes run ok'ish but never perfect. The top menus lags in its interactivity so much, probably due to the Video...

To me there are just so many failings with it but on the other hand there are some beautiful graphics too.. The entire website seems to be a mismatch of interactivity..

Well, its not my corporate website so that's me done with commenting on it. I give it One Star...

Destiny...
Attachments
missinglogos.jpg

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:16 am

one Feature (I say really annoying ugly webdesign) is following:

+ visiting kolor.com with IE11
    + selecting Support, the submenue popsup
    + moving mouse to Forum entry, the entry is moving a bit to right
    + THAN I do press left mouse buttone once on "Forum" entry
    + NOTHING HAPPENS
    + in 100% of all my attempts (since site relaunch) I HAVE to PRESS left mouse button a SECOND time
    + and than - and only than - the Support Forum will be loaded
Attachments
Unbenannt2.png

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:22 am

another one:

using dark theme the Cursor in the Editor is nearly invisible... see red circle in the screenshot...
Georg
Attachments
Unbenannt3.png

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:30 am

@Destiny's posting about Video Quality...

Alexandre: using These new Video Background Features does only make sense (gives positive Feelings, Inspiration to use kolors Software etc) if at least last gen gopro hd Quality can be presented on Screen. I interprete Destinys posting she has the Feeling that this is not the case... I only can Support this. Look at the screenshot... just insane ugly...

(and I only have an Standard Samsung LCD Screen far away from 4K Screens...)

Georg
Attachments
Unbenannt4.png

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:40 am

Actually, I feel quite sad that a great globally recognised corporate company such as Kolor is happy to showcase this rubbish as their standard in Cinematography.

Anyway.. As long as Kolor is happy who are we do make comment.. :rolleyes:

Destiny..

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon May 04, 2015 6:16 pm

optime!
heute um 18:00 Uhr bekam ich nur folgendes angezeigt (screenshot).
Nach mehreren Minuten Ladezeit wurden dann die Videos angezeigt, allerdings funktionierte dann kein weiterer Link.
=(

PS: ... mit Absicht nicht übersetzt, da diese Zeilen so oder so nichts bewirken werden...
Attachments
Unbenannt.png

Cliquetsy

Liked in: 119 posts
Info

by Cliquetsy » Mon May 04, 2015 6:53 pm

The sites in general seem to be über slow, I don't think it has anything at all to do with the new layout.
I can't access the documentation so I googled a cached version. u_u

Edit: I take that back, speed seems to be back up for the website and forum.
Versuch es nochmal, Gkaefer? (I hope I got that right)

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Cliquetsy wrote:The sites in general seem to be über slow, I don't think it has anything at all to do with the new layout.
I can't access the documentation so I googled a cached version. u_u

Edit: I take that back, speed seems to be back up for the website and forum.
Versuch es nochmal, Gkaefer? (I hope I got that right)

Danke dir... geht bei mir nun auch wieder schneller...
Liebe Grüße
Georg Käfer

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Mon May 04, 2015 9:20 pm

I am sure the Cyclop is supposed to open his eye quicker, not sure, but to me he sleeps a lot.. Good job too, I find it scary... :rolleyes:

Destiny..

Previous