Camera settting for nikon 7100 and nikkor 10.5 fisheye  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
skav1019

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Camera settting for nikon 7100 and nikkor 10.5 fisheye

by skav1019 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Im very new to photography and Im looking to take photos and build virtual tours of real estate. I have a Nikon 7100 with a NIkkor 10.5 fisheye lens. Im all using a nodal ninja 3 as my pano head. I want to get the the clearest pictures and Im trying to figure out the right ISO setting, shutter speed, Aperture, and any other setting I should change for the best quality. If anyone could help me out of point me to the right resource it would be a huge help.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 128 posts
Info

Re: Camera settting for nikon 7100 and nikkor 10.5 fisheye

by mediavets » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:34 pm

skav1019 wrote:Im very new to photography and Im looking to take photos and build virtual tours of real estate. I have a Nikon 7100 with a NIkkor 10.5 fisheye lens. Im all using a nodal ninja 3 as my pano head. I want to get the the clearest pictures and Im trying to figure out the right ISO setting, shutter speed, Aperture, and any other setting I should change for the best quality. If anyone could help me out of point me to the right resource it would be a huge help.

Always use manual focus...fisheye lenses have massive depth of filed so focus at say 1 meter or something like that and everything beyond that should be in focus. You need to experiment.

An aperture of about f8 should suffice, but at a pinch you can use a wider aperture.

Generally use lowest ISO available, but again you can experiment.

To set the shutter speed, meter the scene with the camera and pick a comprise speed.

Later you can move on to shooting bracketed exposures, which are likely to be necessary if shooting real estate interiors, but start out with single exposures when you are learning the ropes.

All settings should be manual and fixed for all exposures in the shoot - focus, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance.

What pano head do you have?

FPierron

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: Camera settting for nikon 7100 and nikkor 10.5 fisheye

by FPierron » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 am

Hello,

Google Business settings for panorama are :

Be at least 32 megapixels (8,000 pixels by 4,000 pixels or more) with a 2:1 aspect ratio.
Reflect enough exposure for the whole image.
Tip: Capture photo spheres in high dynamic range (HDR) with a +/- 2EV bracketing.

Google also recommends ISO 400 and Aperture priority mode.

Also, there is some "first steps" informations here : https://www.google.com/intl/fr/maps/str ... /policies/

Of course, many others settings are possible, depending where / what / what for / why etc... you are shooting.

These settings are for neutral photospheres, no style, no personal artistic point of view.

Fred.
-------------------
http://360inSitu.com