Autopano and Lightroom - file size to large  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
Arnason

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Autopano and Lightroom - file size to large

by Arnason » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:42 pm

I am a new user of Autopano. I have encountered that once I have created a tiff image and want to edit it further in Lightroom the file size ( in my case 140 mb from 6 raw files out of Canon D20) is way to large for Lightroom.
Can somone come up with a suggestion how I should solve this problem. I am creating tiff images for printing so jpg conversion would not be a suggestion in my case.

no avatar
ThomasPF

Info

by ThomasPF » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:44 am

I think you should make it the other way, first Lightroom than APP.
Or use Photoshop for the postprocessing after rendering.
I use LR--> APP-->PS
Thomas

no avatar
BeeZed

Info

by BeeZed » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:01 am

Lightroom has a maximum pixel limit of 10,000, so larger panos will not load. (See http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t12584.html) I am not sure about file size in MB, but suspect that it is not the issue.

In order to use Lightroom's library functions, I am making smaller "thumbnail" images and loading them into the database.

no avatar
Arnason

Topic author
Info

by Arnason » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:52 am

ThomasPF wrote:I think you should make it the other way, first Lightroom than APP.
Or use Photoshop for the postprocessing after rendering.
I use LR--> APP-->PS
Thomas

There are 7 raw images that create the pano and the final image after stitching needs quite and adjustemnt in regard of exposure, fill and saturation. Would you suggest that I copy adjustments (in Lightroom) from one image to the rest (6) convert those to tiff and stitch with Autopano?
Correct me if my thinking is wrong plesae.
Last edited by Arnason on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
ThomasPF

Info

by ThomasPF » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:17 pm

My workflow normally looks that way.
I open the RAW in a RAW Converter normally LR, lookf for the most critical image and do there my settings, these settings I sync to all other pictures and than I export Tiff which will be stitched. In APP you can do also some Exposure correction and stuff but I always do the final work on the Panorama with PS, cloning, probably some more shadow highlight correction and sharpening
One reason I do this, is that APP does not recognize the RAW files from my DSLR and I would prefer anyway doing the main settings before stitching the panorama like adjusting color WB and all the stuff.
Thomas