is that what we expect from Google´s VR?  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
klausesser

is that what we expect from Google´s VR?

by klausesser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:45 pm

no avatar
zhiker

Re: is that what we expect from Google´s VR?

by zhiker » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:05 pm

I don't know about anyone else but the only part of the VR that was in focus was the center picture
in the middle of IE page, Klaus I take it your working for Google as either a consultant or mentor, EH? :cool:

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:39 pm

The issue with posting pano images up into Google, is size.. If you make the pano to big, it will ripple and look horrible.. The smaller the pano, the less ripple effect and the less yuck nadir.. The downside to posting up a pano to avoid the rippling effect and yuck nadir is image quality.. This Pano looks ok small.. I do not think Google does multi rez panos.. So, one image quality, one zoom quality, or should I say, the more you zoom the more yuck the quality..

Real shame, this is a nice building totally not showcased at it should have been.. As I said in another post.. Google has destroyed Virtual Tour Photographers opportunities since we cannot compete.. I cannot make a Full Tour for $100, but there again, they do not add hotspots, logos, video boxes of any kind. No extra media. A Google Photographer just captures the images and sends them to Google.. No post production needed at all.. Where as a VR Photographer, has to spend the majority of their time in post production..

This Pano was probably not a Google Photographer anyway.. Looks like its been captured using one of those social media cameras.. Anyone can post images up to Google now..

Destiny..
Last edited by Destiny on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:39 pm

zhiker wrote:
. . but the only part of the VR that was in focus was the center picture
in the middle of IE page, . . .

i guess it was almost sharp everywhere - but the resolution is sooo low . . that´s out of date these days.

Klaus I take it your working for Google as either a consultant or mentor, EH? :cool:

=D :cool: beware . . . .

Klaus

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Destiny wrote:This Pano was probably not a Google Photographer anyway.. Looks like its been captured using one of those social media cameras.. Anyone can post images up to Google now..

It´s ok what HE does - i know some of his work . . . it´s Google who messes it up.

http://www.360cities.net/de/profile/gospar2

Klaus

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 pm

klausesser wrote:
Destiny wrote:This Pano was probably not a Google Photographer anyway.. Looks like its been captured using one of those social media cameras.. Anyone can post images up to Google now..

It´s ok what HE does - i know some of his work . . . it´s Google who messes it up.

http://www.360cities.net/de/profile/gospar2

Klaus

As an extra service I help customers to get their panoramas on Google. Some are able to do it themselves after one hour of instruction, some ask me to do so for them.

Most customers do realise that they want my quality on their website and understand that this quality is partly crippled by google but still better then what the google photographer offers them. Also they like my offer much better. Simple said my offer is that I continue untill the customer is happy ;-)

Christian Stüben

by Christian Stüben » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:45 am

I am pretty sure that Zeljko Soletik is no google photographer, does not belong to a google team. For a google team the quality is too good, it has a real nadir, the zenit has no typical google middle point.

Have a look at his g+ page https://www.google.com/maps/views/profi ... 5688?gl=us , and his elevator pano. Funny.

greetings from Germany, Chris

Return to Open discussion