Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 3D panoramas
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Hi!

A technique which is around for years is ideal for achieving "real 3D" panoramas: shooting the sphere twice using a camera-shift.
Spheron does it for years with their system for 3D-measurement for architectural and forensics.

https://www.spheron.com/products/cgi-co ... agery.html (3D-measurement)

Works well! The only issue is presenting it in stereo to a crowd of people simultanuoulsly . . :cool:

Klaus

Basicly it doesn´t matter whether the lenses are stacked vertically or horizontally for achieving a stereo imaging.
Essentially is thze correct distance of the lenses/cameras.
For achieving this correct distance we "just" need to shift the assenbly on the center-column of the tripod a precisely
amount of centimeters simulating the eye-distance.

Of course this only works shooting non-moving objects . . . =D :cool:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D panoramas
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:36 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: Francin, France
Just watch Alain Hamblenne IVRPA presentation about shooting 3D panoramas. He is the master in this art.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D panoramas
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:03 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
AlexandreJ wrote:
Just watch Alain Hamblenne IVRPA presentation about shooting 3D panoramas. He is the master in this art.



Ah - Thanks! I will!

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D panoramas
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:20 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm
Posts: 2137
klausesser wrote:
Hi!

A technique which is around for years is ideal for achieving "real 3D" panoramas: shooting the sphere twice using a camera-shift.
Spheron does it for years with their system for 3D-measurement for architectural and forensics.

https://www.spheron.com/products/cgi-co ... agery.html (3D-measurement)

Works well! The only issue is presenting it in stereo to a crowd of people simultanuoulsly . . :cool:

Klaus

Basicly it doesn´t matter whether the lenses are stacked vertically or horizontally for achieving a stereo imaging.
Essentially is thze correct distance of the lenses/cameras.
For achieving this correct distance we "just" need to shift the assenbly on the center-column of the tripod a precisely
amount of centimeters simulating the eye-distance.

Of course this only works shooting non-moving objects . . . =D :cool:


Cool but 360 * ???? degrees?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3D panoramas
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:49 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7804
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
HansKeesom wrote:
klausesser wrote:
Hi!

A technique which is around for years is ideal for achieving "real 3D" panoramas: shooting the sphere twice using a camera-shift.
Spheron does it for years with their system for 3D-measurement for architectural and forensics.

https://www.spheron.com/products/cgi-co ... agery.html (3D-measurement)

Works well! The only issue is presenting it in stereo to a crowd of people simultanuoulsly . . :cool:

Klaus

Basicly it doesn´t matter whether the lenses are stacked vertically or horizontally for achieving a stereo imaging.
Essentially is thze correct distance of the lenses/cameras.
For achieving this correct distance we "just" need to shift the assenbly on the center-column of the tripod a precisely
amount of centimeters simulating the eye-distance.

Of course this only works shooting non-moving objects . . . =D :cool:


Cool but 360 * ???? degrees?


360x180 of course! ;) :cool: ( as it is actually).

Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group