Panobook 2014  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
TimR

Panobook 2014

by TimR » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:25 am

It appears that the first phase of the judging is complete:

"The first phase is carried out by Kolor directly, consisting of removing images which do not comply with participation conditions, technical, rules or composition restrictions"

All three of my entries are gone. I am curious as to why. All three of my entries conformed to all of the rules, conditions and restrictions listed on the "Rules of Panobook 2014 contest" page. There is an amazing lack of information and feedback on both the Kolor and Panobook websites. Can someone address the current state of the judging and what specific rules were used to delete entries?

no avatar
klausesser

Re: Panobook 2014

by klausesser » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:01 pm

TimR wrote: Can someone address the current state of the judging and what specific rules were used to delete entries?

What do you mean "delete entries"? Either they accept a picture to make it´s way into the book or not.

Klaus

no avatar
TimR

by TimR » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:05 pm

They say that they received 1677 entries. There are only 1269 entries currently showing. When I log into my account and go to my entries page, it's blank - it says "No entries." That's what I mean about deleting entries.

no avatar
TimR

by TimR » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:21 am

Considering the lack of response to my question, it appears that this is not the place to ask questions about the Panobook competition. So, where should I ask? There is no forum topic dedicated to Panobook(s) or the competition, and there is no forum/info at all on the Panobook site. So, where?

no avatar
brassm0nkey

by brassm0nkey » Sat May 10, 2014 5:09 pm

TimR wrote:There is an amazing lack of information and feedback on both the Kolor and Panobook websites.

This has been the case for pretty much every Panobook contest. The winners are typically announced sometime between the end of May and the middle of July. The only other place that I know of to ask questions about the contest is on the Panobook Facebook page. Kolor posted there on April 30 that the results would be announced "in a few weeks." I have been slowly conditioned the last few years to not get my hopes up that the contest winners will be chosen in any timely fashion. :/

I also noticed the discrepancy between the number of entries they said they got, and the number visible on the site. I'm not sure why your entries seem to have fallen off. I sincerely hope that the extra ~400 entries are still considered in the contest!

Trying to wait patiently,
Jason

Zoobius
Kolor Team

by Zoobius » Wed May 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi TimR, sorry for this late reply. In fact the first phase of selection is made by our team. We remove all images that do not fit with the rules, to ease the work of the jury.

We remove an image when:
• the image is not created by a stitching process
• the image contains a frame, a signature or a watermark
• the image has been sent by a user who created multiple accounts
• the image does not conform with Panobook’s technical standards:
- stitching errors
- over-saturation
- under-saturation
- unprintable ratio
• the image lacks composition

All criteria are objective except the composition criterion which is in fact quite subjective.
Guillaume - Kolor Technical Support

Quick links: User Account, Documentation, Youtube Channel

no avatar
TimR

by TimR » Sat May 17, 2014 5:50 am

Might I suggest that if an entry is rejected/deleted for an objective reason, that the submitter be informed as to which objective reason it was rejected?

Additionally, the saturation issues are not mentioned in the posted rules, nor is there any mention of an aspect ratio limit (that one I understand, but it would be nice to know what the limits are).

I understand that subjective reasons can't easily be explained, and I'll leave those to the judge's decisions.

Return to Open discussion