What notification email address does this forum use?  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
Joachim Otahal

What notification email address does this forum use?

by Joachim Otahal » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:26 pm

I never get notifications of any reply although the option is set.
So I suspect some anti-spam filter kicks in on the way to me, though non of them say "it was me!".
What email address does this forum use as sender email address on notification so I can white-list it?
Use autopano giga to create panoramas from computer games? Yes! http://joumxyzptlk.de

Destiny

Re: What nitification email adress does this forum use?

by Destiny » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi... Just below the Kolor logo here, you can see "new messages".. Just click on it and send a private message to a forum member.. If they would like to chat in more depth, they might provide you with their personal email.. If however you need to chat to Kolor, you just use their contact form..

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

Re: What notification email address does this forum use?

by mediavets » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Joachim Otahal wrote:I never get notifications of any reply although the option is set.
So I suspect some anti-spam filter kicks in on the way to me, though non of them say "it was me!".
What email address does this forum use as sender email address on notification so I can white-list it?

contact@kolor.com

no avatar
Joachim Otahal

by Joachim Otahal » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 am

Destiny wrote:Hi... Just below the Kolor logo here, you can see "new messages".. Just click on it and send a private message to a forum member.. If they would like to chat in more depth, they might provide you with their personal email.. If however you need to chat to Kolor, you just use their contact form..

Destiny..

That did not answer the question, not even remotely, so I think you misunderstood.
It is not a problem when I am logged in, and I don't want or need the private email from anybody on this forum (yet). It is the problem that I don't get a notification emails from the board that a post was answered although the notification is set in my profile AND in my threads.
I hoped someone would post the email this board uses as sender for these notification emails.
Use autopano giga to create panoramas from computer games? Yes! http://joumxyzptlk.de

Destiny

Re: What notification email address does this forum use?

by Destiny » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:18 am

Well, perhaps you needed to be more accurate with your question since it also appears mediavets also misunderstood according to his response...

What I assume you really mean is, you never receive an auto response from your subscripted posts.. Is this correct... Or is it still not remotely answering your question.. :rolleyes:

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:24 am

Joachim Otahal wrote:I hoped someone would post the email this board uses as sender for these notification emails.

I did - to repeat, it is :

contact@kolor.com

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:38 pm

mediavets wrote:
Joachim Otahal wrote:I hoped someone would post the email this board uses as sender for these notification emails.

I did - to repeat, it is :

contact@kolor.com

unsolved since Alpha 1 in the new Forum... dont think an email will help to solve the issue...
(PS: like the Forum search.... search for keyword GPU gives no results... also unsolved since Long...)
Georg

no avatar
Joachim Otahal

by Joachim Otahal » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:38 pm

gkaefer wrote:unsolved since Alpha 1 in the new Forum... dont think an email will help to solve the issue...
(PS: like the Forum search.... search for keyword GPU gives no results... also unsolved since Long...)
Georg

LET ME HUG YOU !
Finally the first one to understand what this is about and not writing total bull (which only proves how much missing knowledge some posters have)!
*HUG*

Well, any guess when those bugs in the forum will finally be fixed?

no avatar
Joachim Otahal

by Joachim Otahal » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Destiny wrote:Hi... Just below the Kolor logo here, you can see "new messages".. Just click on it and send a private message to a forum member.. If they would like to chat in more depth, they might provide you with their personal email.. If however you need to chat to Kolor, you just use their contact form..

Destiny..

Additional info: That does not work as it should too ; ). It always says "0 new messages", but I saw new answers and messages by manually checking the threads.

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 am

You really need to be carful making rude comments like that on this forum.. Or you might not get responses to your questions..

Destiny....

Joachim Otahal wrote:Finally the first one to understand what this is about and not writing total bull (which only proves how much missing knowledge some posters have)!

no avatar
Joachim Otahal

by Joachim Otahal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Destiny wrote:You really need to be carful making rude comments like that on this forum.. Or you might not get responses to your questions..

Destiny....
Joachim Otahal wrote:Finally the first one to understand what this is about and not writing total bull (which only proves how much missing knowledge some posters have)!

To be direct: My first question was very clear, and I still don't know how you could interpret "what notification email address so I can white list it in the spam filter" as "Forum internal message notification", 'cause a forum will never spam-filter it's own notifications.

But why are you threatening?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Joachim Otahal wrote:To be direct: My first question was very clear, and I still don't know how you could interpret "what notification email address so I can white list it in the spam filter" as "Forum internal message notification", 'cause a forum will never spam-filter it's own notifications.

And I think you have the answer - so let's put an end to this conversation, please..

no avatar
Joachim Otahal

by Joachim Otahal » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

mediavets wrote:
Joachim Otahal wrote:To be direct: My first question was very clear, and I still don't know how you could interpret "what notification email address so I can white list it in the spam filter" as "Forum internal message notification", 'cause a forum will never spam-filter it's own notifications.

And I think you have the answer - so let's put an end to this conversation, please..

The end is: Your answer is correct, thank you.

Kolor support answered me that there are known issues with the forum and GMX, for GMX blocking too much.
So switching the registered email address for this forum to another email provider fixed the issue.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Joachim Otahal wrote:
mediavets wrote:

The end is: Your answer is correct, thank you.

Kolor support answered me that there are known issues with the forum and GMX, for GMX blocking too much.
So switching the registered email address for this forum to another email provider fixed the issue.

why not logging into your gmx account via webinterface and in sppamsettings adding 2 whitelist entries....
Georg
Attachments
2014-01-25 23_01_32-GMX - E-Mail, FreeMail, Themen- & Shopping-Portal - Internet Explorer.png

no avatar
Joachim Otahal

by Joachim Otahal » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:17 pm

gkaefer wrote:why not logging into your gmx account via webinterface and in sppamsettings adding 2 whitelist entries....
Georg

That only works is gmx accepts the email for delivery.
But in this case the email does not reach gmx, or more precisely: When the forum software sends off the email, the gmx server says something like "5.1.0 rejected" or "5.7.1 access denied" during the SMTP communication.
I am not deeply enough into the forum software of Kolor or their email server, else I could tell you the exact reason ; ).

My hotmail.com accounts accepts the mail, and I set a forwarder there to my normal address. Works.

Return to Open discussion