Sunshine Coast Australia  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
Destiny

Sunshine Coast Australia

by Destiny » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:25 am

Hi.. We have just come back from a couple of days up at the Sunshine Coast.. I tried to capture a few wide panos but when stitching I discover different issues with APG and PTGui..

The blending is much better with PTGui, however distortion is apparent with PTGui.. APG does a much better job at keep to the true contours of the landscape, but this changes after using the Vignetting and Haze Plugins..

The Haze Plugin provides a split screen to see the before and after.. The Vignetting Tool however, provide this option but does not split the screen to see the before and after..

After Lens Correction-Vignetting and Haze reduction, I would have to say that the Haze Plugin is excellent, however the Vignetting tool does nothing much to fix the issue.. I will give Photoshop a try out to reduce the Vignetting..

I captured this by hand using my D800 and 18-105mm.. Its the biggest zoom I have.. There are a few blurry spots.. I did not have time to test my 14-24...

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/SunshineCoast/GlassHouseFinal.html

Another example of the Haze Plugin with the GlassHouse Mountain.. It works really well.. This is the limit of my 18-108 lens.. After it rains, there are heaps of water falls cascading out of the mountains..

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:51 am

The Vignette works much better using Photoshop.. After that I stitched the images.. APG still does not blend as well as PTGui which is odd.. It's still a little patchy..

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 am

Hi.. Am I supposed to put the Lens Profile in before this Vignette works.. None of these feature on this Plug-in seem to show a split screen, however there is an option to tick to view it... Perhaps this Plug-in is not working at all. It doesn't appears to be... The Haze is clearly doing a great job...

BTW.. Sure wish I had a better zoom lens ... That's a huge eagle in the distance flying past....

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:42 am

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Open discussion