Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 pm 

Dear All,

Please I have learnt some lessons on how to make a virtual tour here and I must say that it's exciting. I will like to know if virtual tour is really meant for photographers. I am a web developer and I have seen so many amazing virtual tours. Thats what I intend to achieve. I have some few clients that are interested in it but I do not have the technical skills nor the equipment.

While making my amateur virtual tour of my living room, I realise I need a proper equipment and the technical know-hows on how to take paronamic pictures which will be stitched together to create the virtual tour. I googled "eye revolution" in UK and I put a call through to them but I was told they do not do training.

I will need a recommendation of a good training centre (preferrably UK) that will take me through a crash course which will involve how to take good panoramic pictures, how to stitch these pictures together, how to add some lovely effects. Then, I will also need lists of equipments and cameras with lenses that I will need to start the virtual tour business. I will be glad if the prices of the equipment and where I can get them (either fairly used or new) can be given to me.

I am in Nigeria.

I know I have asked for a lot of information but I will be so greatful if my post can be given the required attention.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by MT on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:38 pm 

Someone should please take out of his or her precious time to attend to my query. My progress largely depends on it. I'm stuck for now.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 pm 

MT wrote:
Someone should please take out of his or her precious time to attend to my query. My progress largely depends on it. I'm stuck for now.

Thanks!

Sorry - but you need to learn a lot of basics first. Without that it´s like jumping into the water without knowing how to swim. You may survive somehow . . . . ;):cool:

Here you can find good basic information about photography and panorama-photography:
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/

There are many tutorials regarding every aspect of panorama-photography on the web - but first you need to know the basics. Without knowing them it´s hardly possible to get profound help.

best and good luck, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 pm 

Like myself a few years ago, search the forum for information as you are the not the first to ask how to start. I think this week alone I've seen 2-3 simliar "I'm new, how do I start" questions posted!

You will need primarily a dedicated panoramic head. Nodal Ninja are a popular brand to use. Next is perhaps a fisheye lens. Dependant upon your budget dictates the lens you buy. Samyang or Sigma 8mm fisheye lenses are popular again.

Once you have the nodal point set on your panoramic head (search google for how to set this or this is a good place for info: http://www.johnhpanos.com/tuts.htm)

Next is to learn, practise and keep practising the practical aspects of photographing a subject and the tricks to adopt when shooting. Looking for best position to shoot, minimising shadows, understanding how the equipment is set up and how to use it etc.

After that you can then learn and practise how to stitch the images in this software or other stitching software to get the best 360 equi image created.

Lastly after that you can learn and practise some more on taking that stitched image and converting it to a 360 deg flash file that can uploaded/embedded into a website.

I did not have any training to me, only the interest and patience to research the processes involved, obtain the correct equipment to do the task and then become familiar with the software that makes our art possible.

As my father says to me, "It won't get handed to you on a silver plate. If you want it, you need to make it happen yourself"

Ask away here with any questions and I'm sure we will help out if we can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:55 pm 

MT wrote:
Dear All,

Please I have learnt some lessons on how to make a virtual tour here and I must say that it's exciting. I will like to know if virtual tour is really meant for photographers. I am a web developer and I have seen so many amazing virtual tours. Thats what I intend to achieve. I have some few clients that are interested in it but I do not have the technical skills nor the equipment.

While making my amateur virtual tour of my living room, I realise I need a proper equipment and the technical know-hows on how to take paronamic pictures which will be stitched together to create the virtual tour. I googled "eye revolution" in UK and I put a call through to them but I was told they do not do training.

I will need a recommendation of a good training centre (preferrably UK) that will take me through a crash course which will involve how to take good panoramic pictures, how to stitch these pictures together, how to add some lovely effects. Then, I will also need lists of equipments and cameras with lenses that I will need to start the virtual tour business. I will be glad if the prices of the equipment and where I can get them (either fairly used or new) can be given to me.

I am in Nigeria.

I know I have asked for a lot of information but I will be so greatful if my post can be given the required attention.

Thanks!!!

I am not in UK but if you want to fly to Amsterdam we can do a crashcourse in one long weekend. I have a degree in teaching and already got a number of photographers started in this field.

At the end you will be able to make the pictures needed for a good stitch and have a list of equipment you need to have . If we have time we can also look at the stitching part of things and the making of the virtual tour. We can also look on how to work together to make the postprocessing easier for you so you can concentrate on your business.