IE10 and swf files  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
User avatar
gkaefer
Member
 
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Salzburg

IE10 and swf files

by gkaefer » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:11 pm

situation:
Win7 64bit
IE10 Preview installed.
Adobe flash Player PLugin installed via Adobe download page
Adobe Shockwave Player cant be installed via Adobe download page (endless waiting, never get a download prompt), so I
did add it via IE10 button "Get mode Add-ons".

now shockwave player for 32bit and 64 bit is installed and according pluginmanagmeent tool activated.

I can open panos that get started via html pages (default templates created by panotour 1.8)
I can open panos on my local harddrive by opening the .swf file

but I cant anymore open my panos that are linked directly to the swf file placed on my website, it allways get the window to save save as etc. windows. it looks like I never had installed any adobe plugin...
example: http://www.gigapixel.at/wp-content/uploads/SchlossLeopoldskron/schloss-leopoldskron.swf

is any solution for this out there?

PS: more than 50% of all websites currently I visit with IE10 Preview does not work as expected, so 2 possible conclusions: all website owners are stupid enough to adopt their websites or this browser finally really get dumped as a footnote to IT history...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:17 am

gkaefer wrote:. . . 2 possible conclusions: all website owners are stupid enough to adopt their websites or this browser finally really get dumped as a footnote to IT history...

IE *is* "history" anyway, Georg . . :cool: I wouldn´t give it a thought.

When you take all active today´s computers - including smartphones and so on - Goldman Sachs says only 20% of them run Windows . . . so: who cares about the IE . . ;)

http://www.golem.de/news/goldman-sachs-microsoft-nur-noch-auf-20-prozent-aller-computer-1212-96342.html

best, Klaus

(have a look: http://www.smkp.de/ :))
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
Christian Stüben
Member
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:08 am
Location: Wuppertal, Germany

by Christian Stüben » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:25 am

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:. . . 2 possible conclusions: all website owners are stupid enough to adopt their websites or this browser finally really get dumped as a footnote to IT history...

IE *is* "history" anyway, Georg . . :cool: I wouldn´t give it a thought.

When you take all active today´s computers - including smartphones and so on - Goldman Sachs says only 20% of them run Windows . . . so: who cares about the IE . . ;)

http://www.golem.de/news/goldman-sachs-microsoft-nur-noch-auf-20-prozent-aller-computer-1212-96342.html

best, Klaus

(have a look: http://www.smkp.de/ :))

IE is not dead. Yes, it is slipped back to third place according to the browser report for one of my websites. And funny, IE 6 still visible.

greetings from germany
Chris


Code: Select all
no.    reqs    pages    browser
1    10476    3426    Netscape (compatible)
2    1525    552    Safari
     937    468      Safari/534
     465    64      Safari/537
     30    11      Safari/536
     44    3      Safari/535
     10    2      Safari/8536
     20    1      Safari/531
     2    1      Safari/533
     4    1      Safari/7534
     13    1      Safari/6531
3    1044    494    MSIE
     873    450      MSIE/7
     76    24      MSIE/8
     61    15      MSIE/9
     8    3      MSIE/10
     25    2      MSIE/6
4    740    325    Pixray-Seeker
     740    325      Pixray-Seeker/2
5    1755    175    Firefox
     619    123      Firefox/17
     80    21      Firefox/16
     422    9      Firefox/10
     64    5      Firefox/6
     355    4      Firefox/3
     13    4      Firefox/15
     7    3      Firefox/18
     95    2      Firefox/12
     53    1      Firefox/11
     3    1      Firefox/20
6    112    112    gvfs
     112    112      gvfs/1
7    76    75    findlinks
     76    75      findlinks/2
8    23    15    DoCoMo
     23    15      DoCoMo/2
9    321    15    Opera
     321    15      Opera/9
10    23    13    SAMSUNG-SGH-E250
     23    13      SAMSUNG-SGH-E250/1
11    10    9    W3C_Validator
     10    9      W3C_Validator/1
12    40    6    Java
     40    6      Java/1
13    281    4    Mozilla
     1    1      Mozilla/19
     53    1      Mozilla/1
14    5    3    facebookexternalhit
     5    3      facebookexternalhit/1
15    2    2    Google-Site-Verification
     2    2      Google-Site-Verification/1
16    1    1    Konqueror
     1    1      Konqueror/4
17    2    1    Netscape
     2    1      Netscape/4
     1576    0    [not listed: 18 browsers]
---
always remember, the world is a flat disk.

User avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 5000
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

by Destiny » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:39 am

Hey Georg.. I am a bit confused.. Why are you downloading the Shockwave player.. You only need the Shockwave Flash player..

Also.. I tried to open your url, it opened but it did not load, it just kept loading.. I can play swf from Safari from my sever but I haven't tried IE for a while since that seemed to cause other unrelated security issues.. We have changed to Firefox for Windows since that doesn't stuff up so often.. And, when we were on ebay, it was directed to some spam mob so the only option we had was to use Firefox..

I think there is a prob with your swf pano.. I do not get issues with others I have tried just using the swf.. The only time its not, is when using html5 since that has major coding in it for it to work..

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
Passoja Design
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:00 pm

by Passoja Design » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 am

Hi Georg!

i tried with my windows 7 64 bit and IE10 what i installed and your link worked completely fine. No problems at all. Just wondering, why you link directly to the swf-file? Why not link to the html-file so you can have html5 support with it for mobile and those users who don't have flash installed but have html5 browser?

Regards,
Jesse

User avatar
gkaefer
Member
 
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Salzburg

by gkaefer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 am

Passoja Design wrote:Hi Georg!

i tried with my windows 7 64 bit and IE10 what i installed and your link worked completely fine. No problems at all. Just wondering, why you link directly to the swf-file? Why not link to the html-file so you can have html5 support with it for mobile and those users who don't have flash installed but have html5 browser?

Regards,
Jesse

on my www.gigapixel.at site I do link them to the orig. html template. it was actually a non fullpage template... because not existing at that time and I was lazzy...
on my www.jedermann.at site which is not primarily pano related I have a headline showning stills of some panos related to the theater, one on each load. a click on it is linked to the swf file because it is starting fullsize and lazzy again, I dont want to redo my panos with ptp 1.8 to get the fullframe...

so if your IEPreview & win764 bit does work... I must have done wrong.
Did you install any addons/plugins after your IE10 upgrade?

thanks,
Georg

no avatar
Passoja Design
Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:00 pm

by Passoja Design » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 am

I haven't install anything in the IE10. Just download, install and everything working! Unless it has done something automatically itself.

Fullsize html file is really easy to modify from ptp's file. Just set width and heigth 100% in every spot :) I was doing this manually for every tour before but they made my work easy now.

Regards,
Jesse

User avatar
gkaefer
Member
 
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Salzburg

by gkaefer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:31 am

Destiny wrote:Hey Georg.. I am a bit confused.. Why are you downloading the Shockwave player.. You only need the Shockwave Flash player..

Also.. I tried to open your url, it opened but it did not load, it just kept loading.. I can play swf from Safari from my sever but I haven't tried IE for a while since that seemed to cause other unrelated security issues.. We have changed to Firefox for Windows since that doesn't stuff up so often.. And, when we were on ebay, it was directed to some spam mob so the only option we had was to use Firefox..

I think there is a prob with your swf pano.. I do not get issues with others I have tried just using the swf.. The only time its not, is when using html5 since that has major coding in it for it to work..

Destiny..

if I go to adobe germany site... I only find Adobe Shockwave Player and its stated that the Flash Player is included. and after installation the flash test does succeeds. hmm..

I will try to uninstall IE10 Preview and try once again...

about Firefox. To be honest: personal I dont like it. to often I was persuaded to install plugins that later caused to many issues, slowing down the firefox by factor x even compared with IE or even caused crashes.
about chrome. Its GUI is so far away from common GUI feelings on Windows that I dont allways wanna switch... sorry not the youngest anymore... have to economize my time ;-))
... I was off IE until IE10, my first browser was lynx, my first browser with GUI was Mosaic and than ehthusiastic Netscape user... ;-) so lets see if its time again to switch ;-))

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 5000
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

by Destiny » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Well, it won't hurt to have the full Shockwave Player.. I only use Shockwave with Director but there is some great media content on the internet and if it detect you have the full Shockwave player you benefit by being able to view it, partially some of the gaming content, not necessarily a game though, its just the same 3D media types built using Director..

I know what you mean about IE and Firefox.. It took me a while to cross over but after I realised that IE has more hole than swish cheese as far as security goes, we decide to drop it.. Since then we have not had any issue but we do not add any plugins.. Easy to block rubbish stuff too.. The latest IE I have read somewhere has issue.. Nor sure what since I never read it all...

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)


Return to Open discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest