Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm 

. . a cubeface as backplate and a HDR-sphere for ImageBasedLighting and reflecting with AmbientOcclusion.

I did it as a job with a car - but played around after that with this one - but there´s an error in it: which one? ;)

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:27 pm 

lol.. hopefully this will never be put on a car it will not drive a far distance...
:D
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm 

The whole thing wouldn't fit Georg so they must have taken one wheel off the Monster Truck, its one of those big boy toys. If it did fit we would have seen a mirrored reflection on the floor.. :rolleyes:

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 pm 

Destiny wrote:
If it did fit we would have seen a mirrored reflection on the floor.. :rolleyes:

Yes - the Photoshop-layer got lost . . ****. I´ll render it again.

In the "official" rendering - the vehicle job - mirroing from the floor was in of course . .

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
lol.. hopefully this will never be put on a car it will not drive a far distance...
Georg

thought i´ll take a big one on that floor . . . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 am 

klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:
Georg

best, Klaus

hmm. I rather mean a normal rim of a car does have a bulge on the front side and on the back side so the tire does have equal contact on both sides if pumped up with air... yours only has one in the front side...
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 am 

Beautifull. I would want to go around the wheel, but then of course, it would not be a panorama anymore ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
Beautifull. I would want to go around the wheel, but then of course, it would not be a panorama anymore ;-)

Hi Hans!

Oh yes it´s still a panorama then! The pont is: we have a REAL 3D object insidea sphere. So we can make a camera go AROUND the object and the background moves also showing the correct perspective. Unhappily it´s not possible doing it interactively - has to be done as movie.

I didn´t do that here because i just toyed around with that - the render-times would be somewhat long to do an animation just for fun . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
klausesser wrote:
gkaefer wrote:
Georg

best, Klaus

hmm. I rather mean a normal rim of a car does have a bulge on the front side and on the back side so the tire does have equal contact on both sides if pumped up with air... yours only has one in the front side...
Georg

Hi Georg!

No - look at some rims. But anyway: i grabbed a free 3D model to toy around. Free models rarely are 100% natural ;)

The car model we worked with was very natural - up to the smallest detail. I never would be able modelling such objects :D - they´re very expensive to build (you can´t anyway buy the original data from the manufacturer, but there are very fine modeled vehicels to buy).

best to you, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm 

it is already said that the wheel should be mirrored on the ground

... and ... the big chandelier´s reflections should be (partialy) conceald by the wheel

greetings from germany
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 pm 

Christian Stüben wrote:
it is already said that the wheel should be mirrored on the ground

... and ... the big chandelier´s reflections should be (partialy) conceald by the wheel

greetings from germany
Chris

Hey Chris!

Right - that one too is on the missing reflection-layer. I really need to re-render the scene when i have time.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:01 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
it will not drive a far distance...

are you sure?

http://www.kleinurl.de/?mzinrev8p3

greetings
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:41 pm 

Christian Stüben wrote:
gkaefer wrote:
it will not drive a far distance...

are you sure?

http://www.kleinurl.de/?mzinrev8p3

greetings
Chris

yes! not because of the size
the tire wont hold on the inner side of the rim, the air will leak.

Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:29 am 

Hi, Georg. Its all to do with the "Perspective Match". There is mixed media types here, 2D and 3D.. You cannot just plonk a 3D object into a 2D scene and hope it will all work, it won't..:rolleyes: The first thing that needs to be considered in regards to the 2D scene, which has a 3D View, is where the Vanishing Point might be.. Photoshop has the ability to correct the Perspective Match of a 3D model IAW the VP of the 2D image perspective view point... You can draw lines from all the angle to find the absolute VP. The angles of all 3D objects are then directed by that VP..

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/cs6/Photoshop3D-CS6-KN.html

This I understand is just a test play.. I do many myself, which have had their fair share of bagging as not being real...:rolleyes: but I understand the merit in this. Unfortunately, there are many errors as a true 3D scene.. I also understand that this will happen due to mixed media types coming together... Its nice to finally see others trying to achieve the same thing... ;)

The problem with placing a 3D object into a pano, is the ptp software itself and how it all works.. Even with webGL I doubt if a 3D object could be placed into a scene that has perspective match. But that to me wound't mater so much since that would be almost impossible to achieve with the current build of ptp.

To be able to add 3D objects into a pano scene, the actual sphere would need to be a 3D object, and rendered using the cube faces with the ability to use the Zoomify layered image process. It would be necessary to be able to add floating cameras into the 3D pano too.. This way, true walk throughs could be achieved as well as the inclusion of 3D objects which could be walked around on an interactive path or movied and rotated individually. This means that the Z value is never absolute.. This of course is not ptp, but who knows the future.. :D

All 2D and 3D animation is an illusion created by moving images.. I have considered many things to add 3D objects into a pano scene, from capturing images around an object and putting those into Flash with mouse over <> to give the illusion you are walking round the object. Its really the opposite to rotating an object, you would be rotating the entire scene which is easy to do. This has issue in capturing the images but you could if the area was big enough.. You could also do semi circle or longitude images and again drop the images into Flash for mouse over <> to give the illusion of walking round or past the objects.. Like I said, all animation is an illusion anyway.. By making the images mouse over <> you are actually moving past/changing frames..

Even if you managed to get a 3D object into a pano using webGL, the perspective distortion would need serious consideration.

The more I get into this Interactive 3D within a Pano, the more windows open with ideas.. I have many more test to do but the more I do the harder it becomes.. One thing I think kolor needs to consider is using Games Technology... I have made a pano which dropped into a 3D pdf which was made using Games Tech.

The way I am looking at the future of 3D/360 Pano's are.. One large Sphere (The Parent), is rendered using cubic faces, as we see today. WIthin this large Parent Sphere are many (Child's) which are Virtual Transparent Spheres, and when looking out from them you can see the main Parents rendered walls, so your xyz has moved from the Parent Sphere to that 'Child's' Virtual Sphere. Hotspots are added to enter these 'Child' Virtual Spheres... Once inside, you cannot interactive with the 'Parent Sphere', the Main Sphere... but you can interact with what objects/media are within that Child Virtual Sphere.. You can leave any Child Virtual Sphere's by clicking on a Home hotspot to re-enter the Parent Sphere or enter another Child Virtual Sphere.. The mind boggles... :D:cool:

Destiny...
PS.. Personally, I think the wheel has the correct Perspective Match, or at least its as close as it needs to be...;)

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 pm 

Destiny wrote:
To be able to add 3D objects into a pano scene, the actual sphere would need to be a 3D object,

To explain the way to go bulding a vehicel shot in 3D: a cubeface from the sphere or an extra photograph is used as background (backplate). These are 2D of course.

To get a shadow from the placed-in 3D object (real 3D model) you need a ground-plate the shadow can fall onto.

This ground-plane exists in my test - but you can´t see it as an object because it´s made invisbile as object. Nevertheless the shadow which the main objects casts is visible on the plane - and so are the reflections from the object or from the HDR-IBL-sphere (which is also invisible itselves as object) which surrounds the whole scene as a "sky" object. In my test the reflection-layer is missing - i rendered the scene with seperate Photoshop layers for each feature: light, shadows, highlights, reflections and so on. This way you always can edit every single item in the image at any time afterwards.

Conclusion: though you can´t see the plane the wheel stands on - it´s there and shows the natural shadow of the object. The shadow comes from the surrounding HDR-sphere which lits the whole scene with the original light that existed on the shooting-site of the sphere.

The same is with the reflections. In my test/toying i didn´t work it out completely (very time-consumptive). IF it´s worked out completely you can´t distinguish the build from reality - given you use the correct perspective - because light and shadows are original.

Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.