Interactive 3D within ptp V2  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
gkaefer

by gkaefer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 pm

on IE9 I can see the Koala and all others...

the chrome frame plugin is installed (not by me). So it must come with one of the webgl plugins I did install:
IEWebGL.com (WebGL Plugin Class - Polimerr Server LLC)
second one I do not find in my pugin list, hmm...

Georg

UK Pano

by UK Pano » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:43 pm

The Koala's eyes watching you is freaky! Love the 3 penguins one :)
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Thank you Georg and UK Pano for checking those images out.. Ya, the Koala is a bit freaky.. My first reaction was 'Oh yuck, a crazy Koala!'... Not sure about this one. It might come to something if I can work issues out, at the moment is just another test... Its done made from two images using 3D Photoshop.. I had the idea of using Displacement maps after playing with Zbrush back in 2006/2007... Now that is a great pice of software.. Its on my To Get list... Its heaps better now than when i used it.. It uses Alpha brushes to Clay the Polygon faces, Vertex and Lines... Really cleaver but now Mudbox and 3D Coats can do something similar but no where as good a Zbrush... Some of the 3D created is just amazing.. Pirates of the Caribbean Octopus man was done using Zbrush, its just about standard now in CGI Film industry.... Several years ago I did a few weeks internship at Cutting Edge in Brisbane, the biggest post production company in the Southern hemisphere. They were editing the Batman movie at that time and making a really cool advertisement with special f/x... Their servers fills an entire room and their sound setup is just amazing.. They were just getting into Zbrush at that time..

I am almost certain that Zbrush content can be added to a 360/3D ptp pano.... As soon as I buy it I will test some ideas out...

I will change those images as soon as I make them better and more 3D... and less freaky.. :LOL: Just remember, they are just two 2D images layered... My first idea was to use it for making a 3D Topographic Map with hotspots.., then other ideas came to mind.... ;)

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

UK Pano

by UK Pano » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 am

Lol! You lost me after the thank you ;)
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:22 pm

UK Pano wrote:Lol! You lost me after the thank you ;)

Me too when I realised the following :

-hold a picture-print in front of you with both hands
-extend your left arm a bit while pulling your right arm towards you
-do the opposite
-repeat this
-see the magic, the picture has suddenly became 3D

LOL
Last edited by HansKeesom on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

HansKeesom wrote:
UK Pano wrote:Lol! You lost me after the thank you ;)

Me too when I realised the following :

-hold a picture-print in front of you with both hands
-extend your left arm a bit while pulling your right arm towards you
-do the opposite
-repeat this
-see the magic, the picture has suddenly became 3D

LOL

:D:lol::cool:

Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi..

This one has heaps of interactive content, just to show the power of ptp and what is possible with this great software.. A few times in other post, people have asked about the html link in ptp which has issues as far as the way content is added, so I have been working on that one issue... Here, top left, is a 'Container' so it can be dragged on top of the pano and auto played too. When finished it will auto close and disappear... The thumb image itself, can be placed anywhere over the pano using Dreamweaver since it's a Container. It also has a hotspot button to open a single window with a streaming YouTube movie, and a second hotspot with a fully interactive slideshow with thumb images... The only thing I haven't including in this test is interactive 3D, buts I have added that above with other links..

I should have made this for iDevices to, since its all JavaScript.. I will fix that one later..

http://members.westnet.com.au/DPS/DestinyInteractive/Main/DPSinteractive.html

Destiny..
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm

oh bummer... I have just realised that the top left icon does not work on Windows Explorer at all... I have just tried Explorer and nothing, not even a pano... and Firefox just shows a greyed out icon when an Interactive Window is opened... Strange it works so well on my Mac.... Thats crappy Windows for you, and even worse, Explorer.. I will see if I need to add some compatibility code.. I was sure it was working but nope... its not to be.. I wonder if anyone has Safari sees it all working..

Destiny...

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Destiny wrote:I wonder if anyone has Safari sees it all working..

On Safari there´s something working. I´m not sure what it´s supposed to demonstrate - but it seems to work.

Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:40 am

Emm... Compatibility with browsers perhaps or in need to put some browser code into the Head... I am attempting something that has never been done before and might have inherent issues but if it works then I will ask Kolor to add something like it to the next V2... since its really cool... and opens up many doors of opportunity to add all kinds of media... I have had a few email feedbacks with what opens... :rolleyes: my brain hurts.. Anyway, thank you for those ;) It will mean you can add anything, you just need Dreamweaver or similar..

These are my screen shots of the Thumb image top left of the pano, which when opened in the centre of the stage can be dragged over the pano.. The auto slide show will roll along and merge away when finished... Looks great..

I have tested it with Firefox and the pano works fine, however the top icon to open the interactive slideshow doesn't show until you open a window slideshow and you can just see an outline of it but nothing more...

Internet Explorer is painful... I get to see the icon but no pano... and the icon doesn't even work... how strange...

Bummer, I thought I had it... No wonder no one has attempted it before.. its painful.. I just want to see more interactive components in ptp to make it more interesting and to give it more options to the viewer and buyers of ptp.. So, what is so different about Safari to make it work so well... :rolleyes:

Destiny...

PS.. The two hotspots seem to work fine, one has a slideshow and the other a single YouTube test. These open in all browsers so not a complete fail.... For those with firefox, you can just see the faint outline of the top icon.. not a lot of good since it doesn't work.. It all seems to be a layer issue which might be compatibility with a Container which alllows thegraphics to float on top, which is a fairly new thing... Bit like layers but they caused issues so as I understand it, Containers replaced them for being more stable..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by Destiny on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 pm

I have now tested all the browsers.., two known issues.. Opera works but has slight white flashing which I read somewhere about, so I will try to fix that.. I have also tested it on my Mac BootCamp IE, and found that the slideshows and YouTube will not open.. :( Don’t know why.. It might be my settings since it does work in IE now on a PC.. Firefox, Safari and Chrome all work well….. :D:D

Anyway... anyone wanting to give this a road test I would like some feedback what works etc...

http://members.westnet.com.au/DPS/DestinyInteractive/Main/DPSinteractive.html

I can add eCards, interactive slideshows, video and more.. I have been working on my Planetarium Science project for months now, creating our solar system Virtual Tour.. The interactive hotspots can be added to internal features where as the thumb images will be including to add more global interactive features and information.

It is now the interactive 3D planets which are my issue.. Nothing I try can make them work in a ptp pano... I cannot wait for the webGL to fix my issues.. 

The YouYube video is now set to open on auto... rather than clicking on a url... :)

I will now add the iDevice content to see if that works… but I do not have one.. ;(

Destiny...

Last edited by Destiny on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am

Hi.. Feedback from all over the world suggest that there are only a couple of issues with the Thumb Slideshow, top left with the link above.. IE using 64 bit has issues, not of my making.. Its a fact that IE using 64 bit has issues with the transparency in Flash wmode. I guess in time since there is a lot of chat about it on the net, that it will be fixed... The only other issue seems to be with Opera, it has a slight white flicker when opening which is not an real issue since it still works..

With the wmode, it is good to know that there is an issue to explain why some flash content might not work as its meant to... I am sure that the latest version of ptp is using the latest swfkrpano.js but if you think you do not have it, then you can get it from the krpano web site since you need that which supports the wmode.

I have been invited to spend a day with Warner Bros Studio @ Movie World, they made the Matrix movies if you did not know as well as heaps of other amazing movies like Mission Impossible etc.... They are going to give me some one-on-one in using Autodesk Smoke.. I asked them about html5, but they said they will show me things in using webGL.. Can't wait.... ;)

Destiny...

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:16 am

Hi.. I had real issues with this one, which included: After letting go of the 3D object, it disappeared.. :rolleyes: Bit of a pain, it turned out to be code, its always code :lol:.. But now it works a lot better.. You can rotate the 3D object, but if you give it one click on the service without rotating it, it will disappear to close it. You can also click on the Hotspot to close it too... This interactive 3D works using Flash :( After clicking on the Hotspot, give it about 30/40-secs to load the 3D model.. After the first load, it will load immediately unless you clear your cache.. When you click on the Hotspot, just leave the pano to auto rotate.. When the pano pauses, you know the 3D Bulldog Clip Model is about to arrive.. My first ever 3D model I made using Rhino 3D. :cool: The 3D Model takes about 30 sec to arrive since its flying in from another Star System.. :lol: Not bad considering you are chucking about a 7 meg .obj file...

I am now one more step closer to creating my 3D Interactive Panoramic Planetarium.. These of course are just tests.. I love the krpano particles, I will use this with a Star Image Pano Background.. If you buy Sophie 3D, you get the added advantage of 3D model optimisation so they will load a lot quicker for the end user.. Also of great advantage, is the Sophie 3D texture maps.. You can use Transparencies, and Bump Maps and a lot more.. Great for my Planets and Asteroids..

ptp V2 should have the 3D Interactive Model option very soon.. I cannot wait to see the NEW ptp V2.. :D I am hoping that the 3D models will support advanced texture mapping and lights with bump-maps and transparencies..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/Particles/Destiny-snow-rain-test.html

Destiny....

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:32 am

krpano v ptp

To bring together these to wonderful software apps to facilitate the incorporation of all the ‘good stuff’ krpano has to offer and bring it into ptp really had to happen.. krpano blows me away with its strengths and ease of use. It also has some very unique properties in its coding which allows my Interactive 3D Models to work much better than ptp, not sure why..

The tool to edit a krpano is just wonderful.. Love it.. !! Easy to use and looks great.. You can also, as seen here, edit the xml code to add your own content.

Unfortunately at the moment, and it’s for this very reason why I have not used krpano very much; is due to its droplets incompatibilities with ptp images.. There is something about the ptp cube faces that krpano doesn’t like. You cannot create a Tour, or full Pano image from cube faces exported from ptp and then use the droplets, since krpano will reject the images.. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. I would like to hear so I can use krpano more..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/krpano3D/tour.html

Just click on the hotspot on this Test, the 3D model, (bulldog clip) will take about 30/40 seconds to load.. The idea of course is to turn features/objects within the pano into 3D objects where a hotspot can be added in order to view the product in 3D.. At the moment I am using Sophie 3D but any interactive flash software will achive the same results.. Its only a swf file I am using with some JavaScript. The reason why I went with swf, its just makes it easier since ptp will accept a swf with few issues..

Destiny…

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Destiny wrote:Unfortunately at the moment, and it’s for this very reason why I have not used krpano very much; is due to its droplets incompatibilities with ptp images.. There is something about the ptp cube faces that krpano doesn’t like. You cannot create a Tour, or full Pano image from cube faces exported from ptp and then use the droplets, since krpano will reject the images.. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. I would like to hear so I can use krpano more..

Works for me best using both KRPano-droplets:

1) "convert sphere to cube": makes 6 cubefaces. Edit the cubeface(s) - usually the Nadir-face.
2) "convert cube to sphere": put the 6 cubefaces in and get back your equi with the edited Nadir.
3) use the equirectangular image named "xxx_sphere" in PTP.

That´s all.

Klaus

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:33 am

Yes Klaus, probably the best way.. krpano is an amazing software app, the more I get into understanding it, the more I appreciate this software for its brilliance..

Also for those who like playing with 3D objects in a pano, I have now added a pre-loader to the 3D Interactive Model.. There is a 400px square window around it so the pano drag is out of bounds in that area, but you can still manipulate the pano etc. To stop the pre-load, just click on the hotspot. To close the 3D model, one click without rotating or click again on the hotspot... All issue in adding a 3D object into a pano are resolved.. I can't wait to see what kolor ptp has done in V2....

The real issue now is.. creating the 3D objects.. Some are easy using CAD to create, but others might need 3D objects created from image software or a 3D scanner..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/krpano3D/tour.html

Destiny...

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Destiny wrote:The real issue now is.. creating the 3D objects. Some are easy using CAD to create, but others might need 3D objects created from image software or a 3D scanner..

Good 3D models are very difficult to make and very expensive to buy. Free models are never really good. I know some guys who build 3D models professionally - needs quite a long
time to build them perfectly and i learned why they are so expensive.

I´m really glad that my job isn´t to build models but to make an excellent lighting and still or animated cameras - that´s what they prefer to temporarely hire (good) photographers for :cool:

Klaus

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:28 am

Hi.. Back to testing interactive 3D in ptp.. Not sure what the new V2 will offer.... One thing is for certain.. at the moment 3D webGL content is very slow unless the models are highly optimised..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/3DInteractiveClock/3D.html

Destiny

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 am

Hi

One thing is getting interactive multimedia working using flash which is fairly easy, but its quite another thing to get it to work using JavaScript.. I have tested this multimedia using a mobile and it works but I need to get the 360 to work better with the zoom.. I would also like to see a screen shot of how it looks in an iPad..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/js/AllNewMediaTest/build/jsmedia.html

Destiny...

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:10 am

I thought that a multi-zoom set would be nice so I just worked how how.. ;)

I need to fix up the 360. It has to be wide images to the zoom is to the side of the image..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/js/AllNewMediaTest/build/jsmedia.html

Its important that I do not make the media too big for an iDevice..

emm... We might have to get out of here in a hurry.. Fires are on their way.. Scared..!! Helicopter are overhead.. :((((

Destiny..

Previous

Return to Open discussion