fuctionality test  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
klausesser

Topic author
Liked in: 64 posts
Info

fuctionality test

by klausesser » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi!

Would you please tell me your feeling about this layout and it´s functionality?

http://360impressions.de/HiRez

The goal is to promote hires-panos as well as hires-photography for big prints.

best and thanks in advance, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
irpano

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by irpano » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi Klaus, I have been waiting for the more experienced users in the forum to reply but they seem to be occupied with other things. I am away from my home computer at present and viewed your layout yesterday but today I cant see any images. Did you change the layout or delete the file.
From what I remember The layout showed an image and underneath a series of zoomed sections. (Great photography by the way).
As an interested novice I appreciate viewing high quality images and in particular the panorama format. With your layout I wonder what the specific reason is for the layout. ( I know you said "to promote Hi Res Panos and Hi Res Photography for big prints" but is this as a professional photographer for you images only or all images in general.
If for your images only I think that one way to present is with thumbnails linked to the full size image (See Max Lyons site) There you can see what images are available and the data on each image with the price. In the case of VR - the most enticing element is being able to zoom , pan and select an area of the image to see how well it is done. But this is a different set of requirements than for printed images.
I cant make any comments about the technical methods for displaying the images but I sometimes wonder what each person sees on their own computer. (Calibrated monitors or non calibrated monitor, Downsizing for web delivery etc) This would / could detract from the quality of the image or not.
Just a few thoughts that I hope will contribute to the discussion as you have kindly replied to almost all of my questions.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi!

Max Lyons site shows exactly what i mean. Basically the first two images on my site go this way - but adds 360x180°, if you like. The third one combines the pano-technology of the shooting visually with the still-character
for big prints.

You´re absolutely right: i must make it clearer. I edited the site and am thinking about a text which explains it all a bit better.

thanks for your words and best regards, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
irpano

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by irpano » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:52 am

Hi Klaus, A small suggestion if I may. How about a small space(5-10 pixels) bertewwen the main image and the zoomed sections.
I am trying to look at it from the perspective of a customer and I think they would like to know the finished size of the print (@ 300 dpi) The % zoom for each section, and in the VR option the file size etc.

klausesser

Topic author
Info

by klausesser » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:24 pm

irpano wrote:Hi Klaus, A small suggestion if I may. How about a small space(5-10 pixels) bertewwen the main image and the zoomed sections.
I am trying to look at it from the perspective of a customer and I think they would like to know the finished size of the print (@ 300 dpi) The % zoom for each section, and in the VR option the file size etc.

You´re right - separation should be better.

Thanks and best to you, Klaus