Fusion video footage to test.  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 225 posts
Info

Fusion video footage to test.

by Destiny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 am

Hi.. Does anyone know where to download some demo Fusion Video to test with GoPro Studio...?? I do not have a Fusion Camera yet...

Destiny...

no avatar
donnii10

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Fusion video footage to test.

by donnii10 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:58 am

Hi Destiny,

drop me a line...

mark@tunalsob.de

Best
Mark

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:45 am

Hi Mark.. Thank you for the example footage.... Its not bad but I can see that the Fusion has room for impairment.

Its not an easy media to deal with that is a fact.. I noticed a little bit of parallax issues, and some ghosting... But not that much.. It could have been a bit lighter but not too bad.. I thought when I saw the slithy jittering that if you had used a wheel thing it would be better and then I noticed the nadir and you have. I thought that the Fusion would capture perfectly smooth..

For sure the results of the Fusion are much better than most other 360 cameras on the market today for that price range. Even some very high-end options are not as good.. I think if you captured outdoors it might have been a good result.. However, I am concerned that the video was not captured as smoothly as I thought it would... Perhaps some post editing will fix it.. Not sure.

Thank you for sharing...

Destiny..

no avatar
donnii10

Info

by donnii10 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Destiny,

the problem were the little gaps between the floor tiles of the ground of the museum. Its not really the fault of the Fusion that there are these mini shakes. We should have used bigger tires to compensate the gaps. Lesson learned ;)
In AE CC18 there is the possibility tostabilize the footage with the VR Comp Editor (--> 3D Camera Tracker). That helps a bit but doesnt remove everything.
But yes, the ghosting is a bit annoying. There is even ghosting in like 20m distance. That could be better..you are right.

Best
Mark

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Yes, fatter tyres might have helped. I also thought that the entire nadir would be clear of your buggy or tripod, but I guess not.. I wonder if that Over Capture or what ever that new feature is called, can fix this..

Did you get that ghosting and slight parallax issue with other videos...??

I might be getting a Fusion in March, I really cannot wait to test it.. Have you captured any still pano with it.. Does it do that.. I really wanted it to capture RAW or bracketed shots. I wanted so much but got nothing. LOL..

Destiny...

no avatar
donnii10

Info

by donnii10 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Its a buggy pulling a tripod on wheels in the nadir. But its not a problem because there will be a circle showing the name of the exhibition. As far as I got it Overcapture is for having a final rectangular output of your 360° footage (maybe HD) and in this crop you can change what you see by keyframing your visible crop.
We will nee the whole footage coz it will be used for VR. So no option for us there....

Mark

no avatar
donnii10

Info

by donnii10 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:05 pm

ahhh...yes the parallax is always there. I saw it on other videos on youtube too.
I photographed a still pano but with my canon and a nodal point adapter. Didnt use the Fusion for that. No idea if that would work...