GoPro FUSION 360 :)  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
Destiny

Topic author
Liked in: 187 posts
Info

GoPro FUSION 360 :)

by Destiny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 pm

YAY!! At long last.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyFz_3VzkGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PygsKZXpYrI

The demo video to me looks better than any other so far.. Not much information but it won't be long..

This is really good news!!

Destiny...

Destiny

Topic author
Info

Re: GoPro FUSION 360 :)

by Destiny » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:56 am

Not much information... So lets analyse what little we have so far...

The colours are mostly beautiful.. =D =D =D =D =D
NO banding in the skies.. =D =D =D =D =D
NO Parallax issues.. =D =D =D =D =D
Sharp images.. =D =D =D =D =D
Some strange blending effects in some parts of the video.. Not sure if that is where the camera is attached.. Looks a bit yuck.. =D =D
There is a slight pimple on the Zenith but not always.. =D =D =D =D

Well, so far I am totally impressed!!.. :cool: I always say it how it is and how I feel about a product.. I really want to see more demo videos.. I want to read more about it for sure.. I want to play with one..!!!

The last I heard, there is a guy in Africa following a Lion, picking through its poo trying to find the GoPro Fusion the Lion ate.. :lol: :lol:

I would like to know if the GoPro Fusion can be attached to a Karma Drone and also to a GoPro Gimble???. Developing a 360 cameras is not an easy piece of engineering.. So many before have tried and failed in part or in total.. Some are OK'ish but many are expensive door stops... The KeyMission is a nice looking and a well made 360 camera, but the banding and parallax issues are terrible.. I told Nikon that during their pre-release and nothing has changed. So I will not buy one. The Samsung is not so nice either.. The Theta is OK'ish but the quality of video is not great..

Yesterday I viewed some content from the Nokia OZO.. The article stated that this camera was the best there is, and its a professional solution. Well, after viewing the demo video I can say, it's not.. It cost $40,000 US which is $53000 Aus.. You have to be either rich, stupid or desperate to pay out that kind of money, when the OMNI with GoPros is far better and cheaper.. But I do not like those kind of Rigs.. But I would still like to play with one..

I am really looking forward to reading and hearing about other peoples experiences in using this new GoPro Fusion camera.. If you are one of those lucky people chosen to take part in their pre release, please share your experiences and videos..

Destiny...
Attachments
Sharp-and-Beautiful-1.jpg
No-Parallax-Issues.jpg
No-Banding-in-the-sky.jpg
Eaten-1.jpg
Beautiful-But--2.jpg
Beautiful-But--1.jpg

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 am

Heya..

Well.. A little more information has been released.. I sure hope GoPro know what they are doing.. To me, its a classic "Ugly Box." Looks like one of those old fashioned Polaroid box cameras... https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/08/gop ... ands-on/#/ If GoPro does not get this camera right, it might be the end of them..

Surely GoPro could have done better than this.. I sure hope the media output makes up for their yuck design.. What a disappointment..!! ARE YOU LISTENING GOPRO.. Its "UGLY!!".. How can you launch it with all the fanfare and fireworks looking like this.. Its not cool, it does not have the "I WANT ONE!!" appeal.. To be honest I do not even want to touch one.. My door stop or the box my shoes came in are better designed..

Well, I guess if the media output is awesome the yuck design can be forgiven.. or can it.. Only time will tell... To me it certainly does not have the "Buy Me", I Want One" or "Wow" appeal.. Rather it has the Oh Man.. is that it..! Oh Hum.. :rolleyes:

Well, I can only hope my input sparks GoPro into changing the "Ugly Box" into an "Awesome Box"... I can only hope!! At the moment its certainly not a cool looking gadget..

Destiny....

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:31 am

Still no real details on the new GoPro Fusion.. There are a few websites with images of the unit.. I sure hope GoPro know what they are doing.. So much depends on this camera. It cannot be another Karma.. That would be a disaster.. One thing would be certain, the software support will be amazing since the camera will have Kolor inside.. As for the Box... Well, they will not win any design awards.. http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/14131 ... or/gallery

I can understand the offset lenses, I can understand the flatness of the unit to bring the lenses closer together.. but I do not get the cheapness look of it.. For a full pro 360 action camera, its not cool or rugged looking..

Destiny....

no avatar
itsrichphoto

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by itsrichphoto » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:22 am

Notice no response from kolor/gopro. Not giving anything away. Where did the product shots come from? Could be fake or just a working prototype body. Are the lenses offset?

Perhaps the new cam will include avp?

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:03 am

Its most defiantly a real product.. However GoPro/Kolor are not giving anything away with this new camera, which in many ways is stilly since they have launched snippets of the product.. If it all takes too long it makes GoPro look like they do not know what they are doing, and often I feel this is the case. The first images suggested it would look cool and sexy but the new images I posted yesterday suggest otherwise.. I can only assume its a working prototype.. The case needs more Bling and Wow and "I want one!" factor..

Destiny..

no avatar
itsrichphoto

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by itsrichphoto » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Here is the big competition garmin virb 360 https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/562010

The stabilisation and gps and accelerometer online stats is a big pull. The sample videos look pretty decent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rExCvUi ... 93&index=1 However are not straight from camera and are in crowd pleasing settings, rather than challenging lighting.

I think I would prefer 4k 60fps more than higher resolution. The option to shoot raw would be great too as having manual exposure.

Another strong competitor is the kodak orbit http://360rumors.com/2017/06/kodak-pixp ... mples.html

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:01 am

Hi.. I read a while back about the Garmin... I have not seen this camera... The quality of the image and colours are really nice, however there are huge parallax issues.. It looks an awesome camera... It has the "I want to touch it" look about it...

I spent a long time chatting a Kodak person. He did not seem to understand what parallax was.. It looks OK but the media output is horrible.. I would rather have the Nikon over this camera.

I really love the look of the Nikon cameras but hate the video quality. That is not very good at all.. I tried to tell them this on their feed-back page they had before it was launched but any negativity was removed... They only wanted nice things said about it.. Consequently the post ended... :rolleyes: They failed to listen so they failed to sell the qualities they were expecting.. To me it a beautiful looking door stop..

The media I have seen so far from the GoPro Fusion has been good to excellent. I noticed some issues with the latest videos and I am hoping that will be fixed.. If GoPro listen to feedback, meaning they will look at their Ugly Box and turn it into a Beautiful Box, and the media is great, they will be the benchmark in this media for all others to rise up to.. They cannot afford to get it wrong..

There are others lapping at GoPro's door and some are good options.. Its not as if GoPro are on their own in this.. To me, they have been very slow in getting their camera into the market.. Its allowed others to jump in.. They probably spent to much time and resources on a Drone when there are already great affordable drones on the market, when there is NOT a really great 360 Video Camera and there are no real great affordable options for a 360 camera.. GoPro should have gone all out with this...

Destiny...

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:22 am

After GoPro Fusion posted some 360 video from Africa, the first thing I noticed was that the colours and parallax are great.. I have just checked out the KeyMission again.. The quality of video is just terrible.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodFd-Ey3_Y So many issues.. But the camera looks awesome.. GoPro needs to take a page out of Nikons design book.. Their biggest failing is their case designs. If GoPro sack their designer it would be a step in the right direction..

Destiny...

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:36 am

I wonder why this image suggest that the GoPro Fusion will look quite nice yet the actual product in a persons hand looks so yuck... Perhaps this image is a rendered 3D graphic... :rolleyes:

Destiny..
Attachments
goprofusionfeat-800x420.jpg

Destiny

Topic author
Info

by Destiny » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 am

A little bit more info here.. In all honestly the media output looks awesome.. The best I have seen.. Its sharp, colourful and seems to have no parallax issues, which is a big issue with most other 360 video cameras. No surprise really since it has Kolor inside..

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/141320- ... now-so-far

As for the case, the box.. Oh hum .. I hate it.. :rolleyes: Its just not cool looking.. The bits on the side do not seem to match either.. Even so, I would still love to test this camera out..

Destiny..