Does Autopano Giga needs Autopano Pro?  

All things panoramic.
An open forum for every topic on photography, panoramas, IT or related.
no avatar
paschily

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Does Autopano Giga needs Autopano Pro?

by paschily » Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi i Just bought the Boundle Autopano Video Pro with the Giga 4 and Panotour 4 with the Livepano Plugin.

The Videos Stitching is Working. But if I open the edit mode, in the Trial Version before the Giga4 opened, but now it opens the Autopano pro Trial Version. Why?

Now if I want to render a still of the Pano Video I do have the Watermarks, because i did not bought the Autopano pro. And if i just want to stitch pictures (no Videos) in the Giga 4, ist does not work to load any of the Pictures in it. Do i need for that also the Autopano pro? That would really suck because I just payed for the biggest bundle to have everything but its not working because I do not bought the Autopano Pro???

Thanx for helping.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 410 posts
Info

Re: Does Autopano Giga needs Autopano Pro?

by Annis » Thu May 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Did you install the trial version of Autopano Pro after installing Autopano Giga?

What has happened is that at some moment the file permissions have been changed so that the .pano file (project file for Autopano Pro and/or Giga) open in APP instead of APG.

So uninstall Autopano Pro, since you don't have a licence for it nor do you need it.
Then find a .pano file on your computer, if you're using AVP you'll find a .pano file with your video files. Then right click and set the software to open this file type by default to Autopano Giga.

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... on_Edit.3F

no avatar
paschily

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by paschily » Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 am

Hi thx for your answer and help

I had a Trial version of all of them. So the Autopano pro Trial Version was allready installed. I deinstalled the Autopano Pro, so it works now and it opens the Giga for editing Mode. :)

But if I only open the Giga and want to stitch 6 Pictures to make a Pano it does not open the pictures, I can select them but nothing happens then. Do I need in this case the Autopano pro? Because I do have the Panotour Tool as well and like to do with 360 Pictures a tour. I can render a Files out of the 360 movie, this works, but if i don’t need to shoot a movie its a stupid workflow to get a still image.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 410 posts
Info

by Annis » Fri May 19, 2017 8:51 am

paschily wrote:But if I only open the Giga and want to stitch 6 Pictures to make a Pano it does not open the pictures, I can select them but nothing happens then. Do I need in this case the Autopano pro?
Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga they are both stitching software, but are separate software and work independently. Autopano Pro is the normal version, and Autopano Giga is the advanced version.

If you are having issues stitching, post a new topic in the Autopano - Bugs & discussions forum, perhaps sharing (at least) some screenshots of Autopano and the photos you're trying to stitch, or (at best) the photos themselves and we'll see what we can do.