Restricting APP to one focal length  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
Al

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Restricting APP to one focal length

by Al » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:35 pm

This may be an existing feature that I am simply missing, but it would be very useful to be able to restrict APP to assembling panos from images of a single focal length.

I often shoot a scene using several focal lengths and then compare the varying perspectives of the final stitched images. APP now does such a good job that it commonly stitches all of the different panos into a single one. It would be great to have a single radio button like the one that restricts pano detection to either horizontal or vertical images.

Thanks for all your great work so far.

-- Al

[bo]

Info

by [bo] » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:08 am

That's an interesting coincidence - some users are talking for exactly the opposite - stitching of images with different focal length in order to improve quality and have better detail with fewer images! Here's the thread: http://forum.autopano.net/t653-zoomed-layer-help

Now on topic - if you're using the latest beta, then you should see the Group by Focal button in the Layers editor.
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

no avatar
Al

Topic author
Info

by Al » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:46 pm

Interesting, and thanks, Bo, for the pointer. This weekend I was on a sailboat in the gulf of Maine and shot a bunch of panos. No tripod and shooting very fast as the boat was moving along, so blending various panos together creates obvious problems. In other settings with stationary the idea of adding detail using the zoomed layers is awesome. Thanks again.