Zooming  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
Panorama fanatic

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Zooming

by Panorama fanatic » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:31 pm

Zoom feature of 1.3 if good, but I think it is not best :)

What is bad in current zooming? To have good zoom we need to set high resolution in panorama editor setting, but it is bad way because of it need too many time to render.

What is better?

I will remember 2 of features from my huge list:

24. small zoom window for 'set vertical lines'

52. Two resolutions preview (panorama editor). First build and display low resolution image, last build high resolution image in background thread and display it parts when complete. Reason: sometimes need to wait too much time to see result of slow operation.

Thow resolutions is good idea, but you can add more: after zooming in main window you can display it by scaling of previously rendered pano and rebuild visible part of pano using better resolution in bacground

Zoom in main windows ig good, bad idea 24 can be extended: additional zoom window to quickly preview small area of pano under mouse in better resolution (for set vertical lines, for high res preview and for another features). This zoom windows will use bacground rebuild in highres too. And more - you can add control to zoom windows to quickly change preview setting (blender, interpolator)

[bo]

Info

by [bo] » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:50 pm

Wow... this and the other feature you suggest (titled "Clicking") are obviously so far out, that I cannot even begin to understand them or why you need such a thing... Somehow I feel you're proposing a thing similar to the Loupe in Aperture, but in a much more complicated way. Then again, I may be wrong :)
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

no avatar
Panorama fanatic

Topic author
Info

by Panorama fanatic » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 pm

I need them to quickly do regular tasks in APP :)

To set vertical lines I need zoom. Current edition allow me to zoom, but don't allow me to scrool outside of zoom window. Fit to screen and zoom in small window - easy. It was old thing.

Why have two resolution preview? To make all operations in pano editor quickly. If first step have resolution 1/3 of main, I will see low-res result in 9 times quickly! After that (if I need) I will see high-res result in regular time

Why to have additional high res for zooming? To don't have limit of zooming and do all in maximum speed. Now I can set preview resolution 3200x1600, but all operation in this resolution is very slow. APP can render high res part for visible part in zoom window, if I need additional zoom

Why to have additional small zoom window? Yes, it is like loup. To set vertical lines easy and to quikcly check problem parts of pano for ghosting, verticals and more. Now I need to render final pano and check it.