Super resolution  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
Michael Ezra

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Super resolution

by Michael Ezra » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:38 pm

It would be very interesting if APP could support superresolution algorythms.
http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~peleg/papers/wacv98-assaf.pdf#search=%22superresolution%22
The idea of super resolution is to constract a higher resolutino image based on a series of
lower resolution images of the same scene.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:33 pm

Super resolution is still a hot topic on research. I studied a little the subject, and for the moment, it's still too complicate and slow to get something useable and efficient.

no avatar
Michael Ezra

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Michael Ezra » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:26 pm

thanks for the answer;)

no avatar
jef

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by jef » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:40 am

Thanks Michael for making me aware of the topic of super resolution, and thanks Alexandre for painting the situation in 5 words.
What Michael's request comes down to, is the fact that a lot of us (I think) see Autopano as a vehicle to shift some qualitative boundaries in photography. And in that same spirit, I would like to send my own request to Alexandre : the development plan mentions improvements and new ideas in the area of HDR... but in a non specified time frame... I know, the fish-eye people have been waiting for a long time now, but please, consider pushing HDR a few places up on your waiting list...

Regards,

Jef

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:38 am

You will be pleased to hear that the fact that the RC is beeing a bit delayed comes from a revamp of HDR. We already have some good improvement in this area. I'm still working on this field for some more days and except to remove many issues in our implementation.

no avatar
jef

Info

by jef » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:07 am

Thanks !

no avatar
frate

Info

by frate » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:17 pm

The increased HDR support is some really exciting news. It will let us take greater advantage of the latitude in RAW files, hopefully without too much post processing. It's hard to beat a good reblended tonemapping though.