Wish List for APP1.4 #2  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
DrSlony

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by DrSlony » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:53 pm

touristguy87 what is your name and surname? I would like to know who I'm adressing and who is misquoting and insulting me and others before I write my final post in this thread.

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:53 pm

"you shoot a bunch of motives as handheld pano-shots. Coming home you feed the card to APP and want APP to take them as they are and sort them into related groups to be stitched - and stitch them into panos using a global setting so that there´s no need for editing at all?"

Now literally you're obfuscating this discussion. I've already talked about this in more than enough detail.

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm

"touristguy87 what is your name and surname? I would like to know who I'm adressing and who is misquoting and insulting me and others before I write my final post in this thread."

Abraham Lincoln.

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:09 pm

"Aside from the fact that you have yet to post one good pano created by automated sifting through your huge collection of images to demonstrate the possible value of such an approach "

...in your opinion...

"....I doubt there are many people who would use such a feature even if it was available."

...in your opinion.

It would in any case be a 'one time' process;

...yet again...

"thereafter, shooting prospectively, I imagine most people might plan their pano shooting just a little and process the images soon afterwards."

They might indeed do that. They might not. They might not have time to sit down and wait for APP to render the panos (inefficiently). They may not even have APP on that machine.

"Development resources are not infinite and I agree with DrSlony's proposed development priorities."

Few things that we think about in life are infinite, thus we do not usually allow this to rule our decisions in life.
Likewise the fact that you agree with Dr Slonys proposed development priorities is nice, but I didn't know that you or he had the final say in these things. If so I apologize for even bothering you with my opinion.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm

touristguy87 wrote:Abraham Lincoln.

Oh - really . . i always thought somebody shot you, Abe . . welcome back! :cool:
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:20 pm

...some people obviously have never suffered the outrageous slings and arrows of an honest opinion.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:27 pm

touristguy87 wrote:They might indeed do that. They might not.
They might not have time to sit down and wait for APP to render the panos (inefficiently)

They do. Definitely.
They know very well that everything you do consequently takes it´s time.

On the other hand there are surely a handfull of people of extremely importance which doesn´t have only one second to spend . . .

touristguy87 wrote:They may not even have APP on that machine.

Maybe. So what?

Again: panorama-photography DOESN´T mean point and shoot.
Again: use Photosynth.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:29 pm

touristguy87 wrote:...some people obviously have never suffered the outrageous slings and arrows of an honest opinion.

obviously.

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:15 pm

"ain: panorama-photography DOESN´T mean point and shoot.
Again: use Photosynth."

...now this is the 3rd time that you've said that. You want me to tell you straight out that you're being an a-hole or are you going to let it go?

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:41 pm

to all:

ok so far this is post 60 in this thread, I've gotten one reply back from a developer, and a few opinions from others that were germane to the issues that I posted to at first. And I've posted what, 20 posts in this thread? Ok so that accounts for 30, maybe 35 posts.

What about the rest? Mere distractions. At best.
In other words don't blame me.

I have nothing further to say in this thread unless I say it in response to a developers' question. Or at least a question very germane to my first posts...that I have not explained already. Sore feelings and worse won't get a response, at least not from me. Some people here are sticking their toes out in the road, getting them crushed, and then whining when they get hurt. I don't have time for that kind of #### or interest in it and if that's what this forum is all about then I'm out of here.

DrSlony

Info

by DrSlony » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:17 pm

touristguy87 wrote:"touristguy87 what is your name and surname? I would like to know who I'm adressing and who is misquoting and insulting me and others before I write my final post in this thread."
Abraham Lincoln.

I expected as much.

I deal with trolls every day and I know that trying to have an intelligent conversation doesn't work. Quoting written statements and discussing them point by point won't work either, they get misquoted or ignored. Many people here don't know that, which is why I asked for having this thread locked; for the sole purpose of saving them time and being taunted and insulted.

touristguy87 seems to have said all he had to say, and that was some time ago already. He is always right, everyone else is an idiot, pedant, egghead, and otherwise an unintelligent stubborn ***. As for myself, and I believe I can speak for a substantial percentage of other APP forum readers as well, on the other hand, think that touristguy87 comes through as wiser when he doesn't say anything. Stalemate.

Since my post will soon be flooded by newer posts, potential helpers with good intentions might not be aware of the situation, which is why I ask for locking this thread. His ideas, of which some are good and others are not harmful, will still stay online, but further time will not be wasted, and many people will surely be happy to stop getting notified by RSS of new flames being posted in this thread.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:23 pm

"I have nothing further to say in this thread"

Did you have had to say anything before?

"then I'm out of here."

Alaaf! Helau! (traditional carnival-shoutings of relief practised among german tribes in Cologne and Duesseldorf. Combined with exessive throwing coloured paper-pieces called confetti and also exessive use of transcendental liquids called beer).

For the better-educated among us: "Freude, schà¶ner Gà¶tterfunke . . " aka "ode to joy" (text-fragment from Beethoven´s 9th symphony - also a germanen-ritual where we sometimes dance suited with goats-skin on top of the "Blocksberg" in front of touristguys ´n gals at midnight)

:lol:

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:33 pm

"- a reasonable conversation cannot be had with people that ask for advise by telling others they are wrong."

Nor can a reasonable conversation at a high technical level in English with people who can't read English very well.

I wasn't asking *anyone* -not a single person- for advice. But I don't mind if you close that thread or even this one as well. Because *I* at least have explained myself more than well enough. Of course someone else might have something relevant to say (that isn't a personal attack or snarky) and so you *might* want to leave this thread open for further discussion.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:37 pm

touristguy87 wrote:. . conversation at a high technical level . . .

:lol::rolleyes:

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:18 pm

ps

http://www.nikonwatch.com/2008/11/24/dec-1st-new-lenses-too/

again

so much for the accuracy of Internet information.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=28644795

*that* one is me.

yep the haters got me there ;)

but they're still haters...I pissed off enough of the haters on dp that they ganged up on me and got me banned from there, but I'm not that other guy from Carmel NY. Never have been never will be.

so you guys can do the same here but the issues that you hide from will live on just as they do at dp
Last edited by touristguy87 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:35 am

"touristguy87 seems to have said all he had to say, and that was some time ago already. He is always right, everyone else is an idiot, pedant, egghead, and otherwise an unintelligent stubborn ***. As for myself, and I believe I can speak for a substantial percentage of other APP forum readers as well, on the other hand, think that touristguy87 comes through as wiser when he doesn't say anything. Stalemate. Since my post will soon be flooded by newer posts, potential helpers with good intentions might not be aware of the situation, which is why I ask for locking this thread."

...because of course, all replies in this thread revolve around you and what you have to say.

Shame that you didn't take my advice at first. Just keep your frigging opinion about me to yourself!

And by the way, thanks, but we really don't need your help in having a technical conversation!
And how can you just assume that it is going to degenerate based on what other people have to say?
You don't know who is going to say what much less what I am going to say in response, do you? Can you see the future? How many fingers am I holding up right now? Guess!

Oh you were wrong, oh well. Just trust me you were wrong as usual.

This is a perfect example of why people like you should not be allowed to post on Internet forums. You're the guy who argues that kids can't be trusted to not drive drunk or have unsafe sex, while you are buying alcohol for them and having unprotected sex with them. You then claim that you and only you can be trusted with kids. You're the one *causing* the trouble here. Let other people say what they have to say without your interference!
Last edited by touristguy87 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:42 am

Mod please lock thread as now totally off topic.
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

[bo]

Info

by [bo] » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 am

I'll leave that to Alexandre's consideration - wrote him personally after I locked the other thread. Don't want to be accused of serial censorship of valuable input :rolleyes: !
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:25 am

'[bo wrote:']I'll leave that to Alexandre's consideration - wrote him personally after I locked the other thread. Don't want to be accused of serial censorship of valuable input :rolleyes: !

I mean you shouldn´t close. I guess i runs dry by itself. Did already i suppose - such a long time without new posts . . :rolleyes::cool:

best, Klaus

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:28 pm

I'll leave that to Alexandre's consideration - wrote him personally after I locked the other thread. Don't want to be accused of serial censorship of valuable input :rolleyes: !

moderation in the exercise of unlimited power is always a virtue

...and shutting-down a conversation between people, of the type that is supposedly the reason for a forum to exist, at the request of someone who isn't even participating in the conversation, is always a vice. If you could just keep the haters out we might get somewhere.
Last edited by touristguy87 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:53 pm

...hey folks! Don't quite have gear that can support the new GPU rendering mode in APP?
Enter for a free ATI GPU accelerator here at the "Daily Gadget Giveaway"!

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/13/engadgets-recession-antidote-win-an-ati-radeon-hd-4650-graphic

Of course this card may not support the new GPU rendering mode *either* but you can always enter, get lucky, win it and find out!
Last edited by touristguy87 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:19 pm

touristguy87 wrote:the request of someone who isn't even participating in the conversation, is always a vice. If you could just keep the haters out we might get somewhere.

touristguy87 wrote:Shame that you didn't take my advice at first. Just keep your frigging opinion about me to yourself!

And by the way, thanks, but we really don't need your help in having a technical conversation!
And how can you just assume that it is going to degenerate based on what other people have to say?
You don't know who is going to say what much less what I am going to say in response, do you? Can you see the future? How many fingers am I holding up right now? Guess!

This is a perfect example of why people like you should not be allowed to post on Internet forums. You're the guy who argues that kids can't be trusted to not drive drunk or have unsafe sex, while you are buying alcohol for them and having unprotected sex with them. You then claim that you and only you can be trusted with kids.

:rolleyes:I am a lover not a hater!!!
Just because of the level of abuse and disrespect for others including other readers, the above was the final straw for me personally, I requested that the topic be locked as it served no further purpose apart from the above. I could go on and make comments point by point but personally, I cant be asked.

If you need to defend or apologise this may be the appropriate time to do it.

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

no avatar
touristguy87

Topic author
Info

by touristguy87 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 pm

...you're not getting it. At all.

This is an Internet technical forum. Not your living room, not even your house.

And you are sticking your nose into my business in a way that is most-certainly not wanted.

You may believe that it is necessary to post your non-technical opinions and social commentary here.
All you are doing is impeding the conversation.

Same with anyone else who thinks that APP is just fine the way that it is and thinks that I should just be happy with it or find another program.

Or who posts some other nonsensical technical comment.

And I will tell them that just like I am saying this to you.

And my request to you and to the people who think like you do, is to just keep your nose out of my thread. Please.
Last edited by touristguy87 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:17 am

touristguy87 wrote:the request of someone who isn't even participating in the conversation, is always a vice. If you could just keep the haters out we might get somewhere.

touristguy87 wrote:Shame that you didn't take my advice at first. Just keep your frigging opinion about me to yourself!

This is a perfect example of why people like you should not be allowed to post on Internet forums. You're the guy who argues that kids can't be trusted to not drive drunk or have unsafe sex, while you are buying alcohol for them and having unprotected sex with them. You then claim that you and only you can be trusted with kids.

:rolleyes: You are correct...

GigaPixel Experimenter

no avatar
Apapane

Info

by Apapane » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:41 am

touristguy87 wrote:...you're not getting it. At all.

This is an Internet technical forum. Not your living room, not even your house.

And you are sticking your nose into my business in a way that is most-certainly not wanted.

You may believe that it is necessary to post your non-technical opinions and social commentary here.
All you are doing is impeding the conversation.

Same with anyone else who thinks that APP is just fine the way that it is and thinks that I should just be happy with it or find another program.

Or who posts some other nonsensical technical comment.

And I will tell them that just like I am saying this to you.

And my request to you and to the people who think like you do, is to just keep your nose out of my thread. Please.

That last line says it all, and I've followed these threads from the beginning.
With all due respect, no individual "owns" a thread. If you want to "own" a thread, start a company and open a forum.
None of us own stock in APP. We can all rant and rave and try to show off our knowledge, or lack thereof, but that does nothing to improve the product. It is now up to the developers to implement the suggestions of the forum members, or not.
We can ask, but we cannot demand. Alexandre and Lionel will decide which suggestions are pertinent to the overall vision they have for APPro (it is THEIR company), and how and when those improvements will be implemented. Period.

PreviousNext