[suggestion] detect blur in images  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
Windowsfreak

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

[suggestion] detect blur in images

by Windowsfreak » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:49 pm

TL;DR:
Automatically detect blurred images in a set and suggest their exclusion

Story:
When stitching together a sphere with huge overlaps, the antighost feature usually prefers including the center of each image and stitches it together with its surroundings. However, more often than that, images that are out of focus or blurry due to camera shaking, could just be scrapped as a whole. They would have caused a blob of less image quality in the final sphere. It could be possible for Kolor Autopano to show the most blurry images in a set and recommend their exclusion. Here is an example script using OpenCV to detect blur in images.

APG 4.4.0, Win10 x64
Last edited by Windowsfreak on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

no avatar
foundation

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: [suggestion] detect motion blur in images

by foundation » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:20 pm

I too would like this. When shooting gigapans with a 500mm lens even on a tripod sometimes there is camera shake. So de prioritizing the images with blur would be great

Windowsfreak likes this post.

no avatar
Windowsfreak

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: [suggestion] detect blur in images

by Windowsfreak » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 am

Wow you shoot panoramas with a 500m lens! Even with a full frame sensor and have (only!) 30% overlap, you would need to take... way over 17.000 pictures to make a full sphere ?! That is insane! And in RAW, that'd equal about 500GB of data... just for a single 150 Gigapixel Panorama... but what tripod is so precise and helpful that you immediately know how many pictures you still need to take? :O

no avatar
foundation

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: [suggestion] detect blur in images

by foundation » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Sometimes with a 2x extender (tho atmosphere is probably limiting at that point)
But I'm definitely not trying to get a full sphere, just want to make huge prints, so taking a 50mm equivalent photo as a gigapixel panorama. I do the overlap manually, so I don't know how many pictures left to take.