Omni Importer to import Images into Autopano Pro   [DONE] - View the solution

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
360jt

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Omni Importer to import Images into Autopano Pro

by 360jt » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:50 pm

I think being able to import all my still images from Omni using the Omni Importer would help be a ton. I like to use the Omni to create 360 still image panos and it takes too much time to manually select each image from all the SDCards and stitch them. Something similar to what the Omni Importer does for AVP would be very useful for APP.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Omni Importer to import Images into Autopano Pro

by Annis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:13 pm

You can import images using the Omni Importer of AVP, as long as you're using the latest firmware version for shooting your photos and latest version of AVP.

http://www.kolor.com/2017/02/15/video-s ... video-2-6/

no avatar
360jt

Topic author
Info

by 360jt » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:17 pm

So I would have to update the firmware on the GoPros, then have to re-shoot my photos, update the latest of AVP, update the latest of Omni Importer and then I can import the still images using the Omni Import utility into AVP? Can I stitch everything together and export as a .jpg in AVP or would I have to open and stitch it in APP?

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:14 pm

The photos need to be shot with the up to date firmware so that they can properly be recognised with the Omni Importer, so yes you would have to reshoot your photos, or continue manually for this lot and use the Importer for the next session you shoot.

Once the firmware is up to date and your photos shot with this version of the firmware, the Importer will be able to recognise the images to stitch them together, the same way it recognises videos.

Then you sort through your files, rename them if you want to, change the render settings to your preference (project only, low res JPG, full res JPG, full res TIFF) then click on Start Processing.

GoPro Omni Importer 2.6.0.png

no avatar
360jt

Topic author
Info

by 360jt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Can you provide me the url link where to download the latest firmware for my Omni Rig as well as the steps on how to install it? Thanks.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

Re: Omni Importer to import Images into Autopano Pro  [DONE]

by Annis » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 am

The Omni firmware is to be downloaded from the GoPro support hub, where you should have registered when you received your Omni.

Go here: https://community.gopro.com/
Sign in. If you registered with your Omni serial key then you should notice the Professionals section in the column on the right hand side. Click on the + then click on Omni.
From there you'll be able to download the firmware (v4.02.26.02.01), and the link right underneath will be the instructions for installing the firmware.