New Google Street View Publishing API   [DONE] - View the solution

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
Mark Edwards

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

New Google Street View Publishing API  [DONE]

by Mark Edwards » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi Everyone,
As the Google Street View Trusted photographers among you are probably aware, Google is shutting down it's online stitching, moderating and publishing platform at the end of March 2017.

This is going to coincide with the launch of a new API allowing the direct publishing of 360 images or connected sets of 360 images directly to Street View from 3rd party software. A number of virtual tour and Street View overlay software vendors are working on adding this facility to their software.

This means that by the end of of March the thousands of Street View photographers worldwide are going to be looking for replacement stitching, tour creation and publishing tools. I have already started receiving emails from companies planning to provide some of these facilities.

Does Kolor have any plans to add the new API functionality into it's software, new tools or web based platform?

Does Kolor have any plans to allow Panotour or a web platform to be used to create virtual tour overlays for published Street View tours?

Thanks

Mark

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 409 posts
Info

Re: New Google Street View Publishing API

by Annis » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:42 pm

AlexandreJ's answer here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34869 is all the information I have.

no avatar
Mark Edwards

Topic author
Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: New Google Street View Publishing API

by Mark Edwards » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:49 pm

HI Annis,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Sorry I had not seen that this topic had already been discussed. Please feel free to delete this thread as a duplicate, I will follow the existing thread regarding this topic.

Thanks.

Mark