Color Management  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
hamishnorton

Color Management

by hamishnorton » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:18 pm

While it is easy to assign the correct profile after processing through Autopano, given the color correction features, it would be helpful to have a color managed display so as to know what the right color correction should be! For example, I usually shoot in raw and assign the camera profile to the converted jpg files. If displayed without the profile, they look very dull.

no avatar
wengard

by wengard » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:37 am

If you want to get colors right, color management is essential! I have spent so much time and effort into a complete colormanaged workflow that having a program like this which ignores color profiles is extremely frustrating. If youre using SRGB you might somehow get along but using Adobe RGB 1998 you dont have a chance of getting colors right with the autopano color correction, especially considering prints!
With its features and the price of 99€ autopano obviously also wants to play in the semi/professional league, so
I definitly think support of colormanagement should be a priority!

Return to Autopano future