automation: nadir image (only) always viewpoint optimized  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
slipstick

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

automation: nadir image (only) always viewpoint optimized

by slipstick » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:51 pm

I use a NN Nadir Adapter for the nadir images.

Even with careful tripod movement, the nadir image will always need - or at least benefit from - "Viewpoint optimization".

It seems to me that a saved Template could include this information, so that we would not need to set it manually on every pano.
Last edited by slipstick on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Pany42

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: more automation: nadir image always viewpoint optimized

by Pany42 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:24 am

slipstick wrote:It seems to me that a saved Template could include this information, so that we would not need to set it manually on every pano.

Um, you already can set this option in "Settings -> Optimization", making it active for every pano you create afterwards? Btw in principle, I can second you observation - viewpoint optimization seems never to hurt, but to help even if you think you had the same viewpoint in every pano piece.

no avatar
slipstick

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by slipstick » Sun May 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Pany42 wrote:
slipstick wrote:It seems to me that a saved Template could include this information, so that we would not need to set it manually on every pano.

Um, you already can set this option in "Settings -> Optimization", making it active for every pano you create afterwards?

No, that would set viewpoint optimization for every image in the pano, which a) isn't required and b) has generally awful affects on the stitching. I need it set only the nadir image - it's the only one that may have shifted.

no avatar
Pany42

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by Pany42 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:01 pm

slipstick wrote:No, that would set viewpoint optimization for every image in the pano, which a) isn't required and b) has generally awful affects on the stitching.

Right & sorry I didn't get that part :-o ... though for my (handheld) panos I have to say that turning on vp optimization by default shows no ill effects I could observe and rather seems to help if a shift should have occurred.

no avatar
Maukoop.nl

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Maukoop.nl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:58 pm

You should pay close attention so that your horizontal lines do not curve, when having all images optimised with viewpoint optimisation. Because of this happening a lot (with a 1.6 crop sensor and images shot at 8mm.)

For the same reason as Slipstick has, I'll manually turn it on every panorama because that way you can correct the right image with viewpoint.