Read metadata from XMP  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
thany2

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Read metadata from XMP

by thany2 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:01 pm

I seem to recall Autopano is capable of reading metadata from source frames, and applying it to the final render where they make sense. But for my RAWs, that's not happening, as metadata is saved in XMP sidecar files when I hit "save metadata" in Lightroom.

I *could* use the Lightroom plugin. But that has a huge gaping problem attached to it: it always first exports all frames to TIFF, ballooning storage requirements to about triple. No need for that, since AP seems capable of reading RAW files just fine. Now if it just also picked up on those XMP files... They're super simple to read - it's just XML.

no avatar
foundation

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: Read metadata from XMP

by foundation » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 pm

the problem is that the lightroom algorithms aren't open, so getting the exact same result even when you know the xmp paramaters isn't possible.

no avatar
Pany42

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by Pany42 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:13 am

thany2 wrote:I Now if it just also picked up on those XMP files... They're super simple to read - it's just XML.

Just do it yourself with exiftool. You need to figure out which xmp data you want preserved, then either use a gui or run exiftool with -tagsfromfile source.cr2 -xmp:tag1 -xmp:tag2 pano.tif ... if that doesn't do the job, then you need to copy some of the data from the makernotes to the respective xmp tags. Sounds like some work and it is, but after spending a lot of time with metadata ops I can say it's worth knowing exiftool by heart and how metadata in raw files and Lightroom works.

FrancLymn

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Read metadata from XMP

by FrancLymn » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:10 pm

yes i know that FFmpeg doesn't play videos. My Question is, the code the you have yoused for read out the metadata with ffmpeg is it for for a single video file, or if generally when a video is played?

By the way, you can find more info in my new video

no avatar
PanoMonster

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by PanoMonster » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:09 pm

i wonder if it makes sense to suggest features or report bugs as kolor obviously has dropped development of autopano. :(