Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Autopano 4 whislist
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:52 pm 

Support for One graphic Card...
+ apg can make use of more than One gpu Core.
+ apg can use total Memory of Multi Core cards, not only the Memory bind to One Core

Georg

Post subject: Re: Autopano 4 whislist
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:36 pm 
Administrator

hahaha. A probable yes for one of these demands :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:06 pm 

My Autopano 4 Wish list
  • BigTiff Support. Pretty please.
  • Color profile management or awareness and at least copy/honor source image profiles when saving with all render file types (looking at you PSB/PSD)
  • Do corrections for distortions, chromatic aberrations and vignetting without Adobe Lens Profile, and with no or minimal lens and camera information
  • Full automation with scripting with command line tools and/or API, no GUI required. Able to run automation without GUI on headless host/server, and run everything from beginning to end on headless computer/server. Includes installing/uninstalling & license management of software to aid in automation with hosted services. (Like I want to submit my multi terapixel job to a newly erected super beefy hosted server on Amazon AWS that costs a lot per hour, do the rendering, and destroy the server when I'm done and have a small(er) bill. Large terapixel scale stuff or just use an extra computer that's in the closet running Linux for gigapixel stuff. All the same methods.)
  • Want it tomorrow :p

Things I could do if I had command line/API tools, but would be nice if you had for Autopano version 5

• Able to submit jobs from desktop/client via GUI or command line/API to headless server with batch queue on it
  • Server clustering or batch job division between multiple batch queue hosts
  • Post render functions, like creating multiple resized images, cropping, color & image manipulation/filters, cropping & tiling images, padding, background filling
  • Not actually support all 3rd party large image viewers and do all the work, but have ability to define preset settings to do post rendering functions for asset requirements/prerequisites of 3rd party panorama viewers (Like leaflet.js JavaScript library for interactive maps wants tiles to be all equal size, with X & Y title section in tile file name, and zoom levels in it's own folder. So I defined a preset to create and perform the exact series of function again and again)

Might be asking for too much... but BigTiff, color profile management, image correction, and GUI-less command line/API tools would be my top picks and I could make the rest happen with other tools. The server/client batch queue clustering and post rendering function can something nice for version 5.

-Chris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:21 pm 

Gittes wrote:
[*]Do corrections for distortions, chromatic aberrations and vignetting without Adobe Lens Profile, and with no or minimal lens and camera information.
-Chris

Is that conceptually possible?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:17 pm 

Vignetting could be corrected without camera information. It could also be incorporated with the blending process instead of individually... or it could extrapulate a vignetting pattern that keeps occurring on source images.

However, yes, for the rest of the correction types like distortions, chromatic aberrations would be easier with some camera info or some other calibration method. But still it could be done with other methods or at least different provider.

I guess I should say I would prefer if the information and corrections could be done without the Adobe Camera Profile tool. Hugin and PTGui does it. I'm just saying the Adobe Camera Profile tool is lacking and would prefer better correction tools/methods.

Like, my current problem... I'm making a BIG panorama of a small object made of many stacks with a 20x microscope objective that I will never be able to make an Adobe Camera Profile for. Even if I could print a checkerboard profile with good enough dpi resolution, the calibration tool won't allow for the width of a checkerboard square smaller than 1 Point (1/72 Inches/360µm). I will never be able to fit the entire test pattern into a 10x or 20x microscope objective with that limitation.

The Adobe Lens Profile tool assumes you also have the camera and a standard lens with you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:49 am 
Administrator

Gittes wrote:
My Autopano 4 Wish list
  • BigTiff Support. Pretty please.

I've raised the priority of this one.

Gittes wrote:
  • Color profile management or awareness and at least copy/honor source image profiles when saving with all render file types (looking at you PSB/PSD)

• If you have a color profile, it should be already kept in 3.6 even in PSD/PSB. If not => bug.

Gittes wrote:
  • Do corrections for distortions, chromatic aberrations and vignetting without Adobe Lens Profile, and with no or minimal lens and camera information

• * distortions => it already exists (parameter k1, k2, k3, offset x/y)
    * chromatic aberrations => this one is complicated
    * vignetting => yes, will be in v4

Gittes wrote:
  • Full automation with scripting with command line tools and/or API, no GUI required. Able to run automation without GUI on headless host/server, and run everything from beginning to end on headless computer/server. Includes installing/uninstalling & license management of software to aid in automation with hosted services. (Like I want to submit my multi terapixel job to a newly erected super beefy hosted server on Amazon AWS that costs a lot per hour, do the rendering, and destroy the server when I'm done and have a small(er) bill. Large terapixel scale stuff or just use an extra computer that's in the closet running Linux for gigapixel stuff. All the same methods.)
  • Want it tomorrow :p

• No command line in APP/APG. This type of feature is reserved for Autopano Server, which is exactly that, a command line version of Autopano. It has extended detection engine, dedicated reporting tools / rendering system. BTW: It already exists.
    Used for example in VFX industry to create HDR environment map for many of the recent blockbusters movies that uses a lot of CG.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 pm 

This is all pretty good news. Thank you.

I'm glad Vignetting is coming to version 4.

Is is there release date goal for version 4? Is it coming this year, or "when it's ready?" Any other features you can mention or hope to have in version 4? Any other common requests?

I'm also glad that Autopano Server exists. I'm a little worried about price when it says "just contact us," but I will contact and inquire.

There seems to be no documentation or forums on Autopano Server or other related information and downloads... Is there a reason for that?

Thank you again.

-Chris