35mm equivalent  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
DrSlony

35mm equivalent

by DrSlony » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Autopano often reports focal lengths using "35mm eq.". As an APS-C user, I don't care about 35mm equivalent, and it just makes using the program more difficult.

Example:
Go to Edit > Settings > Images > Use the following value if no Exif data is found
I want to set 8mm, but I can't, because it wants a 35mm equivalent value, and I have no idea what that is. So I have to cancel, then load some images into a new group, click on Image Properties, and there I can set an 8mm focal length and select the Pentax K10D, which tells me the 35mm equivalent is 12.26mm. Then go back to Settings and paste that. It's a hassle, and unnecessary.

no avatar
mediavets

Re: 35mm equivalent

by mediavets » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:01 am

DrSlony wrote:Autopano often reports focal lengths using "35mm eq.". As an APS-C user, I don't care about 35mm equivalent, and it just makes using the program more difficult.

Example:
Go to Edit > Settings > Images > Use the following value if no Exif data is found
I want to set 8mm, but I can't, because it wants a 35mm equivalent value, and I have no idea what that is. So I have to cancel, then load some images into a new group, click on Image Properties, and there I can set an 8mm focal length and select the Pentax K10D, which tells me the 35mm equivalent is 12.26mm. Then go back to Settings and paste that. It's a hassle, and unnecessary.

Hmmm...APG would need to get the crop factor value from somewhere in case of no EXIF.

Return to Autopano future