Masking feature  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: Masking feature

by HansKeesom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Klaus!

I think that a real nadir would have been spectaculair and would have made the panorama even more impressive.

Yes I am a nadir fetist, problably because I am so proud the photographers that shoot for me all use the same trick and that way make it easy for me. Sorry, business secret ;-)

Still, one day I would love to test your images to see if I can do things without photoshop ;-) Proof me wrong ;-)

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:39 pm

HansKeesom wrote:Hi Klaus!

I think that a real nadir would have been spectaculair and would have made the panorama even more impressive.

Yes I am a nadir fetist, problably because I am so proud the photographers that shoot for me all use the same trick and that way make it easy for me. Sorry, business secret ;-)

Still, one day I would love to test your images to see if I can do things without photoshop ;-) Proof me wrong ;-)

"would have . . . " and so on - it just was absolutely impossible to shoot a Nadir. Period. No discussion or speculation needed.

What do you mean with " . . if i can do things without Photoshop"?
Do you mean retouching the Nadir or doing the masking?

In this case, Hans, i´m sorry for saying: you would have achieved nothing ;) :cool:

Again: shooting a "real" Nadir was impossible - i simply couldn´t get to the camera to do it . . . as i described rather
clearly twice. I needed to start the head remotely from about 50m distance each time for a sphere.

How would you shoot a Nadir then??? =D :cool:

When i was allowed to get back to the camera again . . . all was over, other things were to be seen through the grid and the light was completely different.

So it´s absolutely irrelevant how things "could have been if" or not. very simple.

There always is only ONE realtity - and this one dictates what´s possible to do and what´s not.

So discussing the Nadir here definitely is redundant.

Klaus

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:18 pm

[quote="klausesser"]

I mean the masking, nadir I would have made with camera ;-)

You are very certain of yourself, I rather wait and see ;-)
>>How would you shoot a Nadir then??? =D :cool:
<<
I wasn't there so can't say. I just know I can think out of the box ;-)

>>So it´s absolutely irrelevant how things "could have been if" or not. very simple.
<<
Again, you are very certain of yourself :-)

>>
There always is only ONE realtity - and this one dictates what´s possible to do and what´s not.
<<
There is something missing in the middle, a person that can think out of the box ;-)

>>
So discussing the Nadir here definitely is redundant.
<<
I was just saying a real Nadir would have been spectaculair ;-)

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:27 pm

HansKeesom wrote:
klausesser wrote:
I mean the masking, nadir I would have made with camera ;-)
You are very certain of yourself, I rather wait and see ;-)
>>How would you shoot a Nadir then??? =D :cool:
<<
I wasn't there so can't say. I just know I can think out of the box ;-)

You name it: you wasn´t there.

HansKeesom wrote:
klausesser wrote:>>
<<
There is something missing in the middle, a person that can think out of the box ;-)

I never "think out of the box" . . i know by my professional experience that each and every situation
is different. So "out of the box" isn´t good enough.

Klaus

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:49 pm

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 pm

to be honest Hans, I was interpreting your lines rather this way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_the_box_feature
... to overcome language barriers is not allways an easy Task :)
Georg

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:20 pm

gkaefer wrote:

to be honest Hans, I was interpreting your lines rather this way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_the_box_feature
... to overcome language barriers is not allways an easy Task :)
Georg

Yes I wrote out instead of outside. Sorry for the confusion. yep, not being native english and having different languages natively.....Babel...

no avatar
Parentesi

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Parentesi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:00 am

I can not see how I can get rid of lights caused by driving cars at night.. I actually cant get rid of anything with these markers to mask.
A simple tool like in PTGui would be a huge improvement. I wasted one compete day not to get rid of some parts in the images, and it does no work!

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:11 pm

It is a bit difficult for us to help you without seeing the actual photo's. Maybe you can send us the sourcefiles so we can have a go at them and maybe show you how to mask them out.

no avatar
klausesser2

Info

by klausesser2 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:40 pm

Parentesi wrote:I can not see how I can get rid of lights caused by driving cars at night.. I actually cant get rid of anything with these markers to mask.
A simple tool like in PTGui would be a huge improvement. I wasted one compete day not to get rid of some parts in the images, and it does no work!

Are we in time again? Not 2014? :cool:

I did some Panos in Berlin recently standing in the middle of a street being surrounded by hundres of moving vehicles, pedestrians and so shooting 45 images for a sphere, so i got many, many ghosts. I could eliminate ALL the ghosts using the markers. It´s s bit tricky - but works very fine after getting used to it (you also need to get used to the PTGui-masking first before you can work effectively).

Klaus

Previous