Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:37 pm 

One of the reasons I got into Panoramic photography was the possibility that I could put the panoramas as Photospheres onto Google Maps and Google Earth to help promote the area I live in. I would love it if AutoPano would support Photosphere XMP Metadata (https://developers.google.com/photo-sphere/metadata/). I have to go through an extended process using third party tools to add this data. Adding the functionality to APP would greatly simplify the process and make it easy for users to post through Google mechanisms.

I think that would be a huge marketing benefit to you guys as it would increase the number of panoramas published.

Please, please....

Tim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:28 pm 

+1 me too...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:03 pm 

Hi. Have your read this... https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2839084?hl=en

Just be aware. Google Street View makes a terrible job of showcasing Virtual Tours.. Their software distorts and degrades a pano image in a terrible way..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:45 pm 

Good enough for some uses... https://www.google.com/maps/views/profi ... 4882?gl=fr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:59 pm 

eerrrr. Well that is 100% better than mine.. Very good...!! My pano image is perfect prior to upload but then it goes yuck after uploaded to Google. So.. What are you doing that I did not..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:29 am 

Not sure. I just stitch in APG, check in DevalVR and patch nadir & zenith in Pano2VR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 pm 

Yes - but the point is the APP has all that data and could just write it to the XMP file. It's a PITA to have to round trip images and there is an image size limitation for the files you upload - not explicitly stated but it doesn't like large files.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:54 pm 

I was think about that. Although it accepted my pano, perhaps it was too big.. What is the pixel size of your pano you uploaded... I will try that..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:22 pm 

Hi,

I read in another post that the Google open format for panoramic photography is already in the feature list of Autopano.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16520&hilit=Google+Photo+Sphere+metadata

Is that so? how can we embed the correct metadata in the pano so that it plays well in Google Views?
Since last Dec, PTGUI embeds Google Photo Sphere metadata in all equirectangular panoramas https://plus.google.com/102628753194968 ... Wt1pnWjCxn

It would be great to be able to do it also form Autopano pro.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:38 am 

andybryant wrote:

hmm... I'm sure your panos coming from APG have not such crucial deformities you can see on Google...
example... see your national Museum pano.... one and the same Scene on different angles screenshots taken...
than the always same faulty zenith.... Im also sure ist not coming from you or APG side, its Google crippling your artwork...

Georg

Attachments:
2014-02-09 11_36_28-National Museum of Art and Science Museum, Osaka - Andy Bryant - Views - Google .png
2014-02-09 11_36_28-National Museum of Art and Science Museum, Osaka - Andy Bryant - Views - Google .png [ 271.34 KiB | Viewed 747 times ]
2014-02-09 11_33_59-National Museum of Art and Science Museum, Osaka - Andy Bryant - Views - Google .png
2014-02-09 11_33_59-National Museum of Art and Science Museum, Osaka - Andy Bryant - Views - Google .png [ 942.71 KiB | Viewed 747 times ]
2014-02-09 11_34_13-National Museum of Art and Science Museum, Osaka - Andy Bryant - Views - Google .png
2014-02-09 11_34_13-National Museum of Art and Science Museum, Osaka - Andy Bryant - Views - Google .png [ 378.95 KiB | Viewed 747 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:58 am 

Google does the same with PTGui panos too.. It must be a size thing.. Google makes a real dogs dinner of a nice pano.. I think the smaller the pano the less this distortion is apparent..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:59 pm 

Strange... When I look at the same photosphere - I see none of those issues.

What browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome Version 34.0.1825.4 dev-m on a Win8.1 PC.

A.

Attachments:
up.JPG
up.JPG [ 44.15 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
along.JPG
along.JPG [ 157.18 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:54 pm 

andybryant wrote:
Strange... When I look at the same photosphere - I see none of those issues.

What browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome Version 34.0.1825.4 dev-m on a Win8.1 PC.

A.

I've the issues using:
IE11
Opera 12.15
Safari 5.1.7

I dont have the issues using:
Firefox 26.0

win 8.1 64bit too using...

Georg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:13 am 
Administrator

we added support for photosphere XMP in Autopano v3.5

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm 

where in apg do I find this? Or notice this? Where can I set location and direction information?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:11 pm 

Hi...

I think the XMP Metadata is automatically embedded into the pano during processing in APG, so when the pano is used where the XMP is needed, the metadata is automatically detected...

"GPano XMP support. Yes, we support these metadata’s now in the generated panorama as soon as you have an image format that supports XMP ( jpeg or tiff currently). We support orientation and field of view for full or partial panoramas."

Destiny..

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:39 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Hi...

I think the XMP Metadata is automatically embedded into the pano during processing in APG, so when the pano is used where the XMP is needed, the metadata is automatically detected...

"GPano XMP support. Yes, we support these metadata’s now in the generated panorama as soon as you have an image format that supports XMP ( jpeg or tiff currently). We support orientation and field of view for full or partial panoramas."

Destiny..

I have been fighting with http://photo-sphere.appspot.com/ only to get error messages. Hope that by using 3.5.1 these are over.....

Would hope someone wrote a programm that does what that website should do without all the hazzle.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:02 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Hi...

Destiny..

I have been fighting with http://photo-sphere.appspot.com/ only to get error messages. Hope that by using 3.5.1 these are over.....

Would hope someone wrote a programm that does what that website should do without all the hazzle.

Your panorama has to be less than about 15MB / 60MPixels to upload using that Google facility otherwise it just stops with no explanation or message

Once I discovered that fact I've been using it without too many problems but I had to resize some images first (e.g using Irfanview)

Best
Martin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:17 pm 

marzipano wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Hi...

Destiny..

Your panorama has to be less than about 15MB / 60MPixels to upload using that Google facility otherwise it just stops with no explanation or message

Once I discovered that fact I've been using it without too many problems but I had to resize some images first (e.g using Irfanview)

Best
Martin

Thanks Martin, Will try that immediately!! Guess google does not wants us to upload to much quality

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:37 pm 

ok i was able to do 5 out of 6 steps as described at https://support.google.com/maps/answer/2839084

JUst don't find where to do the sixth step, the importing of the photosperes. maybe the translation is wrong, but the Display option where to inport from camera I can not find?

Anyone?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:25 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
ok i was able to do 5 out of 6 steps as described at https://support.google.com/maps/answer/2839084

JUst don't find where to do the sixth step, the importing of the photosperes. maybe the translation is wrong, but the Display option where to inport from camera I can not find?

Anyone?

Hi Hans

It is in Google map views - you should be able to read the url off the screen print

You just click to select the panoramas to be copied from the Google+ album(s) you have over to Google maps

They have to be approved which usually takes about 1-2 days

best
Martin

Attachments:
google map views.jpg
google map views.jpg [ 386.87 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:34 am 

Thanks a lot. Found it and used it. now i have to wait for their approval of it;-)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 am 

This looks like a good place to request that the Photosphere XMP metadata is not added automatically! Or at least that it can be turned off, since with it embedded I find that Google+ can't display my uploaded images as intended. At the moment I have to manually delete the google.com stanza so that the image is viewable as a 'photo', otherwise it defaults to an interactive viewer that is entirely unsuitable for these images.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:28 pm 

HansKeesom wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Hi...

Destiny..

Just found one can skip this step/webste. After loading the panorama google will ask you to add location specifics and when editing the configuration one can change directions in an easy way. So no need for any XMP data

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 pm 

marzipano wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:

Anyone?

Hi Hans

It is in Google map views - you should be able to read the url off the screen print

You just click to select the panoramas to be copied from the Google+ album(s) you have over to Google maps

They have to be approved which usually takes about 1-2 days

best
Martin

Hi martin,

do you happen to know if it is possible to connect my own panoramas in such a way that a streetview users can walk from the streetview sphere into my sphere with the normal interface, so not through the map?

I have been linking my red points to the general yellow points but this only result in that I can exit my panorama and enter the world of streetview spheres, not vica versa.