default project folder should be source image path  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
stfnfhrmnn

default project folder should be source image path

by stfnfhrmnn » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Feature request:
When I drag images into the group browser, then start detection on a group, I would like the default folder of the resulting project to be that of the images. It always defaults to the Desktop (on windows), but this is never where I want it. When I then save the project for the first time, I always have to slowly navigate to the folder that I just had open anyway. Very tedious.

no avatar
mediavets

Re: default project folder should be source image path

by mediavets » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:47 pm

stfnfhrmnn wrote:Feature request:
When I drag images into the group browser, then start detection on a group, I would like the default folder of the resulting project to be that of the images. It always defaults to the Desktop (on windows), but this is never where I want it. When I then save the project for the first time, I always have to slowly navigate to the folder that I just had open anyway. Very tedious.

You can change the default to what you want:
Attachments
1-apg3-pano-dest.jpg
1-apg3-pano-dest.jpg (239.09 KiB) Viewed 738 times

no avatar
stfnfhrmnn

by stfnfhrmnn » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Thanks for your reply, that's quite helpful, much faster than before as I only have to enter %i now. It would still be good if I good set %i as a default for every group though. As soon as I add another group or close/reopen APG, I have to manually enter %i for every new group.

Now, having said that, I did investigate a bit more while writing this reply. It turns out, if you manually change a registry setting, you can do just that. In this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kolor\Autopano Giga 3.0\pano
there is a value 'project_folderTpl' which you can just change to %i. Restart APG and it should default to %i every time now.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 am

stfnfhrmnn wrote:Thanks for your reply, that's quite helpful, much faster than before as I only have to enter %i now. It would still be good if I good set %i as a default for every group though. As soon as I add another group or close/reopen APG, I have to manually enter %i for every new group.

Now, having said that, I did investigate a bit more while writing this reply. It turns out, if you manually change a registry setting, you can do just that. In this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kolor\Autopano Giga 3.0\pano
there is a value 'project_folderTpl' which you can just change to %i. Restart APG and it should default to %i every time now.

You certainly like to make things difficult for yourself.

You could have done it via Edit/Settings as shown in my screenshot - those are global settings, not the same thing as group settings.

no avatar
foundation

by foundation » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 pm

A couple things, you have to restart after changing the global parameter, and already created groups/panos save the settings from when they were created, not the current setting

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:33 pm

foundation wrote:A couple things, you have to restart after changing the global parameter,

Yes.

and already created groups/panos save the settings from when they were created, not the current setting

Yes. But you can open then and save under a new name.

no avatar
foundation

by foundation » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:15 am

but don't people think the "default" default? aka the preference set when you first install the program, should be the source image path? on windows I think it defaults to the desktop or the program files directory or something odd like that.

Return to Autopano future